Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary kitguns are ... disappointing.

BethTheBean

Good afternoon.

Taking a break from buying cartoon-ish sigils with my Fortuna rep, I decided to look into the new primary grips. I was disappointed in the lack of planning/thought, that was put into this new addition.

1. All four primary grips had the same base & guild stats (crit weapon), while the impact/puncture/slash and radiation numbers were affected by your choice of chamber and loader. That being said, the Tremor & Splat combo gave you the best (most) damage out of any other combo.

Yes, you can argue about some of the small numbers. But their field performance speaks volumes.  

For an example, I couldn't get the Gaze to do decent damage without the tremor/splat combo. Even killing a feral kubrow was a chore. (maybe the gaze chamber is bugged?)

2. The sidearm kitguns allowed the player a freedom of both style and functionality. Something I was hoping the primaries would have, but the sneak-peeks banished my hopes before the DP update.

3. I'm aware of Tater's (Tactical Potato) recent videos on the primary kitguns. I applied his "The King" build (Rattleguts, Brash, and Splat) to every primary grip and loader combo, similar to the sidearm and max damage configurations. Again, the tremor/splat combo had the best damage (and a crazy saw-looking rifle, too).

4. I was hoping to make a sniper rifle out of the Tombfinger chamber, but DE had the bright idea that particular chamber now needed to fire pie plates. Yep, that's right. Tiny (pull the trigger) and large (hold down the trigger) AoEs everywhere! Clearing rooms and scaring unsuspecting Tenno is fun, but I wanted a sniper rifle.

I hope DE takes this feedback seriously, so we'll see some changes or addition primary grips.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

4. I was hoping to make a sniper rifle out of the Tombfinger chamber, but DE had the bright idea that particular chamber now needed to fire pie plates. Yep, that's right. Tiny (pull the trigger) and large (hold down the trigger) AoEs everywhere! Clearing rooms and scaring unsuspecting Tenno is fun, but I wanted a sniper rifle.

Thats basically Komorex. And thats a sniper, one of the best ones.

Why bother with another Vectis and Rubico - normal sniper rifles, ugh. They already exist, why create another weapon with a different name that works the same?

Edited by Savire510

I'm not really sold on primary kitguns myself yet. I made crit-based primary catchmoon and after investing about 5 forma and a good amount of time fiddeling around with configurations and builds I must say; Meh. It's certainly fun to play with but it doesn't pack the punch I expect a primary weapon to. And thats from catchmoon.
I never understood why Tombfinger has worse damage than Catchmoon since it is harder to aim due to smaller projectile. A sniper would be too much though; DE already struggles to balance around snipers alot. Remember when Rubico Prime singlehandedly became the #1 endgame sniper rifle and has never left its throne from the day of its introduction? Or how rivens for it still cost 15k plat? And all that just because it has some CD modifiers on its scope...

DE could have left these new kitguns as secondary kitguns but bigger and have given us real primaries with Duviri. Assuming there is a town connected to the Duviri open world, of course

vor einer Stunde schrieb GrazeZeroLow:

For an example, I couldn't get the Gaze to do decent damage without the tremor/splat combo. Even killing a feral kubrow was a chore. (maybe the gaze chamber is bugged?)

I must confirm primary kitguns are worse than the secondary counterparts. It is referred to lower riven dispo, partly lower base damage (catchmoon, rattleguts) and of course higher values on secondary mods including primed mods for cc and cd.

Tombfinger has a little issue with its imbalance of charged time and base damage comparing brash and tremor grip, but I am very certain it will be fixed soon.

Primary Gaze might be the only primary kitgun being close to the secondary as it's the only one with higher base dmg on the primary, but without physical damage (puncture on secondary) and again lower values on mods plus the worse riven dispo.

If u haven't noticed, hot fix 28.0.5. tremendously increased primary Gaze's range which had been a shame before. So primary Gaze is quite an okay weapon, but not a top tier. It could become a great weapon if riven dispo gets buffed to like 4/5 or something around 1.3.

Edited by Jenny_B_23

25 minutes ago, Jenny_B_23 said:

I must confirm primary kitguns are worse than the secondary counterparts. It is referred to lower riven dispo, partly lower base damage (catchmoon, rattleguts) and of course higher values on secondary mods including primed mods for cc and cd.

Tombfinger has a little issue with its imbalance of charged time and base damage comparing brash and tremor grip, but I am very certain it will be fixed soon.

Primary Gaze might be the only primary kitgun being close to the secondary as it's the only one with higher base dmg on the primary, but without physical damage (puncture on secondary) and again lower values on mods plus the worse riven dispo.

If u haven't noticed, hot fix 28.0.5. tremendously increased primary Gaze's range which had been a shame before. So primary Gaze is quite an okay weapon, but not a top tier. It could become a great weapon if riven dispo gets buffed to like 4/5 or something around 1.3.

This. Tombfinger is still good because of it's insane damage on charge shots, and yeah the Gaze is close to it's secondary, but the problem still remains with the rattleguts and catchmoon. Poor catchmoon went from having great secondary mods, to the worst mods in the game...shotgun. AND It got a damage nerf. Rattleguts wasn't anything to write home about as a secondary, and it's even more forgettable as a primary.

Honestly, as primaries I think ALL the weapons should be able to get 40-45% CC/SC, and a bump in CD, with rattleguts and catchmoon getting either CD or base damage substantially buffed up. This would put them close to on par with their secondary versions in their ability to crit without having to rely upon rivens. If nothing else the catchmoon needs 45% just to get to 100% with both crit chance mods. Either that or make it use rifle mods.

Alternatively...DE could just stop calling them primary and secondary and open up all the 'weapon slots' so we can take any 3 weapons into a mission. I'd love to go in with aklex, akvasto, and aksomati.

• Like 2