Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[ Zephyr ] Tail Wind's momentum is not affected by "brake moves" like Latch or Hop

Kainosh

Wall latch and Wall hop should cancel Tailwind's acceleration (momentum).

Currently, if you Tailwind at any wall and try to Latch-stop or Hop-stop yourself, Momentum persists and keeps dragging you even after Latch or Hop.  That should not happen. 

Latch should remove ANY momentum. Its a "Brake" move.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-21 at 11:02 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Zephyr's Hover function

Don't need that. I never use that Held Tail Wind...no idea why its even there. Dunno what "evidence" are you talking about.  I want to move.  Not to hang still in the midair like some Regulator.

Aim gliding does the thing for me when it comes to aerial time.  I combine it with parkour and Tail Winds to stay airborne.  When I need more, I use Glide mods.  

I like her abilities as is....exept Divebomb animation. Zeph must hit the ground with her Feet instead of faceplanting....    It might be hard to make her rotate right before the impact tho.

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Don't need that. I never use that Held Tail Wind...no idea why its even there. Dunno what "evidence" are you talking about.  I want to move.  Not to hang still in the midair like some Regulator.

Ahh, then you've missed that... sorry for being vague, let me explain.

I've long held that Mobility, as a concept, is not just 'going really fast'. Mobility is about how much control you have while you go fast.

So what Zephyr lacks in her Mobility is the ability to stop. You've got that point right there in the Wall Latch/Hop, and the fact that it's not working is a definite bug. Buuuuuuut... what happens if you don't have a wall?

One of my longest running points about Zephyr is that the Hover she currently has is absolutely. bar-none. the. most. useless. function. in the game. Because of exactly the reasons you don't like it.

However if Hover became a tool for actually stopping in mid-air on demand, without the charge-up, without the need to be on the ground, and with an actual modded Duration so that it could be part of her normal modding... then it could be used as an Air Brake to stop her momentum without need to crash into the geometry.

Give it more reason to be cast, like ability Synergy (simple ones, like Air Burst travels much faster, so it's not faster to go down there and hit things with a stick than cast your abilities) and then as part of a greater rework you'd have to make Air Burst actually do something... but that's full rework territory, I won't get into it yet.

My point is that you're not sitting in mid-air for no reason, you're stopping Tailwind and using it as a pause to aim somewhere else. No more squatting on the ground waiting to fart out that lifting gas, just an ability cast in air to instantly stop your momentum.

See?

My own reworks over the last... wow... okay, I forget sometimes that I've been pitching reworks for four years now, have always kept the core of Zephyr's abilities what they are, using what's there to buff them up to more useful or mechanically impactful functions.

I think having a way to break in mid air as well would be a good idea. I also had a cool idea for the passive to have infinite aim glide duration. With the butt tonne of aim glide and aerial mods and effects available, you would be able to do some cool stuff.

Edited by afoolwithmagic