Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitpicks on certain Plains Bounty Bonus Objectives

Duality52

Plains bounty bonus objectives were implemented back at the end of August 2019 (Saint of Altra). Some bonus objectives are fine, but others are unfair in execution in comparison to the Vallis bonus objectives. Despite numerous feedback, nothing got addressed on these few unfair bonus objectives since August 2019.

Capture: Capture the target without killing anyone else.

• Tusk Seekers can sabotage the objective by throwing out a Latcher. Should it latch onto something, the bonus objective fails immediately. It certainly doesn't help the fact that Companions can kill the Tusk Grineer as well.
  • A change to the bonus objective would be to capture the target within 30 seconds.

Assassination: Draw the target out within one minute.

• It's misleading; the bonus objective is to draw out and kill the target all within one minute. Even if you lured the target out within one minute, the bonus objective will fail once it passes over one minute when the target is alive. Not everyone will use frames such as Mesa to clear the enemies that fast, as well as how the Tusk Grineer spawns are both delayed and limited that forces us to roam to a different base to find more Grineer.
  • Change it so that when the target gets lured out, the bonus objective is to kill the target within 20-30 seconds of spawning. The additional time is meant just in case for the Aerial Commander in his Tusk Command Dargyn.

Liberation (Hybrid Interception/Survival): Finish the bounty without letting the control progress drop below 50%.

• The bonus objective is fair, but the control mechanic has been broken and changed since April 2019 (Plains Remaster). Tusk Grineer even when they are not deployed (remaining on their Firbolgs or Bolkor dropships) and when they are not inside the circle radius depicted on the minimap will still deplete the meter. The Tusk Firbolg and Bolkors themselves also contribute to draining the meter. This gets more noticeable if the bounty is on the large Grineer base on the Ostwan Range. Some Grineer will simply spawn out of thin air, forcing players to search the area.
  • The change here would be to prevent any Grineer that are not deployed to not contribute to the drain. Remove the Firbolgs and Bolkors from contributing to the drain. Finally, Grineer shouldn't just spawn out of thin air. Let them deploy the Seeker Drones to deploy reinforcements, while said reinforcements to spawn closer.

Again, the problem is based off of how we can't control certain factors (Grineer spawns for the Assassination, types of enemies to deal with in Capture, and location of the Liberation bounty along with the type of spawns and their broken control mechanic). The other bonus objectives are more manageable, which makes it both fair and accomplishable.

Thoughts?

Edited by Duality52
  • Like 6

It all looks good, those two have been a bit out of place with how the plains was originally.

The capture one I've yet to-do properly since it was changed to without killing anyone, I always mess that one up.

Most of the time its me forgetting not to kill anything out of old habit, but sometimes it's a companion or a defensive Warframe ability.

An addition to the Capture problems:  You can't kill anyone in the time between capturing the target and the reward coming up on screen. 
It's only a few seconds but that got me earlier this week.  Ran in, got the guy and once I was able to move again after capturing him, swung at the Grineer that dropped in around me then saw the mission progress tracker switch from a tick to a cross just before the reward came up with no bonus standing.  I was solo so I know it wasn't a team mate killing anyone, plus the tick was there as I was capturing him.