Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Heavy Caliber

Keetsune

We don’t need to try to counter every negative effect, because some of them is actually benefits the players. However, simply because we don’t need to counter every effect doesn’t mean the option shouldn’t be there.

Yes, you are losing two slots for one boost, but that’s the player’s decision, a decision in our end to determine whether we want to counter balance the negative or not, not ones that is forced on us.

Heavy Caliber is actually not better on Flux, Flux user use it for the pin point accuracy to hit the enemy’s weak spot while they are stunned. The amount of spread applied on Flux using heavy caliber made it a non-reliable weapon for precise aiming, we might as well as go for the Soma w/o heavy caliber since it has longer range and better armor pen dps than a flux w/o heavy caliber.

Narrow minded boost duration but take away power range, but you know what? The decrease in power range is actually a positive thing for some frames. For example, Ballista’s smaller range actually makes mobs more concentrated for aoe attacks. Frost’s snow globe is less intruding, and most important of all, THE PLAYER HAS THE OPTION to counter it.

Edited by Innosin

Stabilizer = Recoil

Heavy Caliber = Accuracy

And any way even if it could work: why the hell we should use 2 RARE mods to receive same effect like 1 UNCOMMON mod? I could understand that if Heavy Caliber had 30% gain per rank.

Rare? I get Stabilizer every 3 survival runs.

Also; they WERE supposed to go along with eachother.

First you add Serration, and if you want more you add Heavy Caliber.

I think what people are missing here is that apparently Heavy Calibur affects the Ogris (and possibly other weapons) more than it should. Now this could be exaggeration, but I've heard stories of nearly 90-degree inaccuracy with maxed Heavy Calibur on Ogris, meaning the user probably just died. That's absolutely ridiculous if true, and I wouldn't doubt it given how strangely projectile weapons behave by default (at point blank, projectile weapons have a pretty significant chance of just going wherever the hell they feel like, so long as it isn't at the enemy).

It should decrease firing rate, reload speed, mag/clip capacity, or some other effect - NOT accuracy. The current form only adds negative RNG where it does not belong. 

1. Use firestorm.

2. Use focus + pendragon + streamline

3. Use super jump

4. Fire away.

The randomness increases the AOE splatter everywhere and that's awesome :3

Why do you use this mod with Ogris ? This is a rocket launcher lol. Heavy Caliber suits Gorgon more than Ogris. Use Ash's or Loki's invisibility and get close to your enemy and shoot ~120 bullets in their head.

Edited by Guest

I think what people are missing here is that apparently Heavy Calibur affects the Ogris (and possibly other weapons) more than it should. Now this could be exaggeration, but I've heard stories of nearly 90-degree inaccuracy with maxed Heavy Calibur on Ogris, meaning the user probably just died. That's absolutely ridiculous if true, and I wouldn't doubt it given how strangely projectile weapons behave by default (at point blank, projectile weapons have a pretty significant chance of just going wherever the hell they feel like, so long as it isn't at the enemy).

Maxed hc will reduce accuracy by 55%, from 12 accuracy there will be 5 accuracy left, not a big difference, but from from 100 it will go down to 45 which is huge difference. Thats why accurate weapons suffered most from it.

Y' know, you can just... not use the mod, or something.

It's not like Heavy Caliber is a mandatory addition to all weapons. We could, and can kill things just fine without additional 165% damage. 

I agree with the fact that this mod is useless on some weapons, like Ogris, which puts much emphasis on single-shot accuracy. 

But you have to understand that all Corrupted Mods are good in some gear, and bad for others. You just have to find which Mod goes in where. 

For example, the mod can be still managable in some weapons. Take a look at this video:

Although the mod isn't maxed out in the video, we can see that Heavy Caliber could be very much viable in some weapons in close-quarter combat... which isn't hard to find, since majority of this game takes place in-doors and in tight corridors where you easily find yourself within arm's reach of an enemy. 

Bottomline: You are complaining about this mod because it doesn't work for a single weapon: Ogris. Try and understand that Corrupted Mods (unlike regular mods) have place and purpose for it, and requesting a buff for this Mod just because it doesn't work with a weapon that it's not suppose to work it, is neither reasonable nor convincing.

No mod is mandatory but the reason ppl are so upset is its the 2nd only pure dmg mod in the game for primary. Pure dmg stat is GOLD. Now because DE thought no recoil weapons got it too easy on the recoil debuff they changed it to accuracy which now making it completely unusable on Bows and Launchers. Why did they have to penalize other weapons in order to fix others?. Why even have the mod in the first place then? Why not deal with the no recoil weapons in question instead of screwing over others?

I must now miss out on extra dmg on my Torid because its completely unrealiable not knowing where your grenade hits. 

Edited by Steele4real

I though it was FINALLY the time that BOWS and SNIPERS would actually cope with the GODLY rifles in terms of DPS... they just made this mod not good for bows and just boost those close ranged rifle but those who purely really on accuracy...this mod will hurt. They could have atleast put a knock back for Ogris - just a bit... For those continuous weapon (is it dera?) they could have atleast put a of recoil on it - just a bit... and just leave it as is on the mod - just recoil not accuracy... Let the bows and snipers renown their names DE...

Is it me thinking like this? Or im just naive about this mod?

Just saying DE... the game mechanics is 60% unhappy... rather disappointing.

Not really a good impression... This game is always talking about balance... Oh I see the balance now... super guns will be boosted while few weapons will be trashed... Now thats balance I see..

Disappointed, not just me... 

JUST SAYING

Edited by kakai0