Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally, A Charged Weapon Done Right

shut

Uncharged shots are much less ammo efficient but deal greater DPS than charged shots.

This is what I've wanted on every other charged weapon (bows, Miter, etc) for the longest time. Uncharged shots are currently used only for the purpose of a quick stagger or for breaking crates, nothing more. Considering that their DPS is only equal to or subpar to charged shot DPS, there is really no other reason to use uncharged shots on enemies.

I'd like to see similar concepts applied to the other charge weapons. Not the same rapid-fire mechanics, mind you ('cause that would look really weird on a regular bow), but, you know, reason to use normal shots other than to stagger that single Ancient before taking the time to launch a charged shot at its leg. Increased base damage and fire rate of normal shots and what not.

Thoughts?

Edited by SortaRandom

Uncharged shots are much less ammo efficient but deal greater DPS than charged shots.

This is what I've wanted on every other charged weapon (bows, Miter, etc) for the longest time. Uncharged shots are used only for the purpose of a quick stagger or for breaking crates, nothing more. Considering that their DPS is only equal to or subpar to charged shot DPS, there is really no other reason to use uncharged shots on enemies.

I'd like to see similar concepts applied to the other charge weapons. Not the same rapid-fire mechanics, of course, but, you know, reason to use normal shots other than to stagger that single Ancient before taking the time to launch a charged shot at its leg.

Thoughts?

My thoughts almost exactly. The Ballistica definitely feels nice and different. As for applying this idea to other charged weapons... I'm not sure how it would work out. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

My thoughts almost exactly. The Ballistica definitely feels nice and different. As for applying this idea to other charged weapons... I'm not sure how it would work out. 

Tweaked the original post slightly.

The regular shot mechanics wouldn't match the Ballistica's, of course. They'd be the same as they are now. I'm just asking for the numbers (damage, fire rate, etc) to be different.

Well, the bows had a nitched use in rapid fire before Thunderbolt got fixed. When Thunderbolt was still overriding the arrow's damage, it was more beneficial in a thunderbolt build (which itself was very gimmicky back then) to rapid fire uncharged shot.

I'd like to see a shotgun-type weapon that draws from similar mechanics. A normal ballistic shotgun wouldn't make much sense, but a type of plasma or energy scattershooter that can fire quick, scattering shots or a charged, concentrated blast with accuracy, range and power would be pretty cool.

From a player that despises the charge mechanic (me) - even i can appreciate the improvement that this weapon  is over  all other charge weapons. It does stuff right! It manages to keep both chatged and burst modes equali viable yet foundamentally fifferent both in opperation anf effect.

This equals choice. The best thing to have in a game!

Good job, DE!

It is a nice mechanic, just a shame the weapon is so awful. Low damage, slow charge and slow reload. I will have to leach this weapon up on a nuking frame to see if it is useful at 30. It is painfully bad to use at lower ranks.

The damage is actually rather decent. 25 per bolt or 100 in a charge. 

The real issue is the slow firing speed/charge/reload and accuracy. 

Most of which can be solved by slapping on Lethal Torrent. 

The damage is actually rather decent. 25 per bolt or 100 in a charge. 

The real issue is the slow firing speed/charge/reload and accuracy. 

Most of which can be solved by slapping on Lethal Torrent.

I should have been clearer, I meant the combination in toto is lacking. It is good they dodged the power creep bullet on this one though. It is probably more to do with the current armour system that makes thrown weapons (especially Despair) so incredibly good that this weapon seems so bad by contrast.

I should have been clearer, I meant the combination in toto is lacking. It is good they dodged the power creep bullet on this one though. It is probably more to do with the current armour system that makes thrown weapons (especially Despair) so incredibly good that this weapon seems so bad by contrast.

Ahh, I see what you mean a little better now. 

Well, I guess this weapon has versatility over throwing knives if you're looking for its advantages compared to some weapons. 

But even still, you're absolutely right that the despair pretty much invalidate this thing. 

I'd like to see a shotgun-type weapon that draws from similar mechanics. A normal ballistic shotgun wouldn't make much sense, but a type of plasma or energy scattershooter that can fire quick, scattering shots or a charged, concentrated blast with accuracy, range and power would be pretty cool.

This is something that I've been wanting for a while.

Corpus need their own shotty too.