Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A nice and better method to get rare prime stuff

(PSN)frostexp2000

Since I came back playing Warframe and I saw the “relics” system (previously, late in 2013-2015 it was just void keys) I started to wonder why people feel like the best way to get rare relics is getting 4 players with the relic defined as radiant and then “radshare” in a single run. It definitely isn’t!!!

I am here to prove that this isn’t the best method because there’s a better one. This “new” method I will talk about in the next lines doesn’t increases the chances to get a rare item, but it increases the chances of getting more than one rare item using the same number of relics (4 radiant relics). And that can be very useful if you’re looking to sell stuff, specially the rarest ones that worth some platinum like Loki System or Volt Neuroptics... If you understand what I will say (it will be a very short explanation because it’s really simple to understand), I am sure you will try to use this method for the rest of your life in warframe.

Things you need to know:

1) The chance to get a rare prime stuff with a radiant relic is 10%

2) The chance to get at least one rate stuff playing 4 relics is 36%.

”AT LEAST”.

Let’s say you’re radsharing NEO N12 with four players and the reward screens be like, considering you really want the Nova Prime Chassis.

Vasto Prime Receiver

Nova Prime Chassis

Nova Prime Chassis

Kavasa Prime Band

We know, from RNG that this is rare to happen, but it can still happen and you can only pick one of the chassis since you will get only one in the end of the mission.

However, if you were playing the four radiant relics separately (in four missions: each player of the squad will put the wanted relic and the other three will play a random relic - doing that 4 times) you would have gotten 2 chassis and not only one like you did by radsharing in a mission. THATS “my” method. 

to be considered: the chances of getting at least one rare prime stuff by playing 4 relics is still 36%, doesnt matter if you’re playing the 4 relics in one single run or two or three or four. But if you play each one separately you can get more than one item you want. Got that?

What are the disadvantages on this method?

1) You and other squad members will ”waste” 3 random relics (other than NEO N12, if we consider the example above) that you will have to pick while each player play the wanted relic (NEO N12, for example). But keep in mind that there are a lot of common relics that we can get every time in missions and if you really want to get more rare items you are looking for, this won’t be a huge problem. I have like 99999 Neo T2 relics becaus they are very common and their drops don’t worth too much.

2) it will take 4x more time to play because there will be 4 missions. But still, not a huge problem since you have a chance to claim more than one prime stuff. Do you really prefer to have chance of claiming only one item while you can have a chance of claiming more than one? 

Frost, why did you make a big text explaining this stuff? It’s so basic and easy to understand, you could have just said that you can claim more than one prime stuff if you radshare the four relics in four different missions.

Because, trust me, people usually don’t understand. I know it’s simple mathematics and logic, but most of people insist on doing the usual method because it’s faster and they think their chances will drop by playing separately the relics, but it’s still the same: 36%. I have tried to tell people in game and almost everyone didn’t understand it.

Please comment and give your feedback about it 🙂

30 minutes ago, (PS4)frostexp2000 said:

I started to wonder why people feel like the best way to get rare relics is getting 4 players with the relic defined as radiant and then “radshare” in a single run.

Never heard anyone does this tbh...

For years all my Recruit Groups doing 4 rads or don't join

edit: Or do I get you wrong and you mean there should be 4 runs and every player use their rad one after another?

If so, I smell scam

33 minutes ago, (PS4)frostexp2000 said:

What are the disadvantages on this method?

You missed the disadvantage of people skipping out when it's their turn to use their radiant relic.  This was one of the complaints about the tower key system - that people would set up a key share, but some members of the share would not end up sharing and would leave instead.  If you're running with friends, this isn't as much of an issue, but with people from Recruiting chat you could run into this situation.  That's a big reason why people insist on running the 4 rad relics in one run.

Another reason for some is that it doesn't really matter whether 2 or more of the desired piece drops as long as at least one drops.  Doing one mission with 4 rad relics maximizes the chances of at least one dropping in the least amount of time.

16 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Never heard anyone does this tbh...

For years all my Recruit Groups doing 4 rads or don't join

edit: Or do I get you wrong and you mean there should be 4 runs and every player use their rad one after another?

If so, I smell scam

Hey!

I play the game since 2014, the system in the old days was entirely different, there was no “relics”, it was just about void keys and you had to trust the people to play all 4 keys. Scam used to happen but it was more rare. Everyone had to show they had the key before someone started running. I heard on Reddit (i also posted this discussion there) that its uncommonly still happening nowadays, so I think it’s still useful to show more recent players about this possibility, since it can be useful.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You missed the disadvantage of people skipping out when it's their turn to use their radiant relic.  This was one of the complaints about the tower key system - that people would set up a key share, but some members of the share would not end up sharing and would leave instead.  If you're running with friends, this isn't as much of an issue, but with people from Recruiting chat you could run into this situation.  That's a big reason why people insist on running the 4 rad relics in one run.

Another reason for some is that it doesn't really matter whether 2 or more of the desired piece drops as long as at least one drops.  Doing one mission with 4 rad relics maximizes the chances of at least one dropping in the least amount of time.

Yes, I kinda forgot to mention that, but still, if you are playing with people that want the wares to sell, they will probably be happening each other. The system requires trust, and as far as I remember in my old days, the scam thing wasn’t too often. There are a lot of people interested in the genuine farm and they probably won’t scam. They can make strategies like to show the relic before starting and so stuff like that.

This method already exists thou not a lot of people use it, it's called stagger (radstagger, intstagger); i personally use it sometimes when farming unvaulted relics since i need more than one part from them, but it's really difficult to get 3 other people in recruit chat.

It's a LOT slower, gets better result only a fraction of times and most problematicly leads to people leaving midway before using their relic (maybe because they're scummy, maybe because they have IRL problems, but still), so it's really not better all things considered. Time is a resource after all, if you waste too much time searching and doing the stagger you could just farm another relic, do another radshare and have better odds.

Yeah, most of your comments against it are about trust issues with people. And yes, I would recommend doing it for vaulted or unvaulted relics only. But you can try asking your squad to show if they have the relic by linking on chat, or play with friends or trustful people. Time is also a thing to consider, but if you want to farm a really rare and expensive ware, it might be ok.

7 minutes ago, Am_Sha3gar said:

This method already exists thou not a lot of people use it, it's called stagger (radstagger, intstagger); i personally use it sometimes when farming unvaulted relics since i need more than one part from them, but it's really difficult to get 3 other people in recruit chat.

It's a LOT slower, gets better result only a fraction of times and most problematicly leads to people leaving midway before using their relic (maybe because they're scummy, maybe because they have IRL problems, but still), so it's really not better all things considered. Time is a resource after all, if you waste too much time searching and doing the stagger you could just farm another relic, do another radshare and have better odds.

Yeah, most of your comments against it are about trust issues with people.

That's a factor, but the most obvious point it's time: if you aren't setting up with friends (in that case it could actually be better) it requires so much more time between actually searching other 3 people and doing the 4 missions that it's better to just run a radshare, farm another relic and run another radshare.

Actually, let's disregard the time searching for people and see how much better the odds of getting 2 rares are than doing 2 radshares with 2 rounds of disruption in the middle, just because apparently i have nothing better to do:

The chance to get at least 2 rare drops from 4 rads is 0.05 ( because 1-0.9^4 - 0.9^3*0.1*4). If instead we do 2 rounds of disruption (0.1429 of getting a specific relic each, so 0.265 to get at least one, because 1- 0.8571^2), the mode i usually do for relics, and do another radshare, then the chance to get at least 2 rare drops, one in each radshare, (counting the chance of getting that single relic in 2 rounds) is *drum roll* 0.034 (because 0.36 *0.265*0.36), so by doing stagger you are going from a 3.4% chance of getting 2 rares to 5% (again, this is if done with friends so there's no waiting to get a squad, with some more rounds of extraction it will probably go over 5%).

Small notes: the ducat/other drops gain is disregarded since the stated objective is to get 2 of a specific rare drop, the time difference between doing a mission or a round is disregarded because difficult to account for and depend on the fissures avaliable, the missions to get other relics to use in staggers are obviously not considered, the chance of getting 3 or 4 rare drops from a stagger are not considered because much lower than the rest and the chance of getting 2 of the targeted relic in disruption is not considered because the comparison is based on 4 missions/rounds and to open the other one a fifth would be needed.

Still, since the difference is so low that i think that by repeating the process multiple times the chances of getting multiple relics in disruption will overcome it (since it's still more likely than getting more than 2 rares in a stagger), rendering a long sequence of stagger less efficient (but it's much more difficult to calculate so i have no intention to prove it, and of course the previous note about ducats still hold).

Oh, and of course the chance of getting just 1 rare drop is higher with 2 radshares, but that should be obvious (stagger 0.36, shares 0.36 + 0.265*0.36 ), the considerations above are just for the chance of getting 2 rares.

Archived