Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember, What Are Your Opinions On This Warframe And Its Skills And How Can I Get The Most Out Of Her?

Date

Question

Just as the title says, I used my ponts from buying a founders membership and bought these two warframe. But i find myself playing ember more due to the sheer aesthetic pleasure she brings about and the feeling of power you get from weilding fire. But I find 2 of skills to be somewhat useless. Any helpful tips or builds you have on her that youd like to share? Is she viable for endgame farming or soloing? Thanks a lot for reading!

21 answers to this question

She's a bit weak as a frame, it's true. Her niche is supposed to be dominating infested, but there's so many other frames who do as well as she does, and far better against others. When my wife and I play, she's on the Frost, and in Outer Terminus I just stand idly by as she collects energy orbs to wipe out the next wave.

Frankly, the Ember needs some love.

I maxed Fire Ball and Fire Blast on my Ember. Got as many mod slots as possible and ended up getting two in Overheat just because.(Fireblast or Overheat are magnificent against Grinders and seekers.) I skipped World on Fire altogether cause it just seems to be a waste of points.

As far as end game farming goes, I usually whip out a different frame for Pluto runs. Haven't really given her a shot there. Ceres and Eris have been cake walks with Ember.

Ember world on fire does around 5000 damage.

I'm not sure if it only applies to Infested but...it really great

on crowd control.

I usually set it off when I have abunch of grineer or corpus or infested near me.

I usually do a combo of Fire ring then World on fire OR fire ring then overheat.

She can handle a crowd very well if you know how to control it. :)

Ember world on fire does around 5000 damage.

I'm not sure if it only applies to Infested but...it really great

on crowd control.

I usually set it off when I have abunch of grineer or corpus or infested near me.

I usually do a combo of Fire ring then World on fire OR fire ring then overheat.

She can handle a crowd very well if you know how to control it. :)

And how do you "control" World on Fire? It's random. That doesn't mean it doesn't do the damage, but to what, where, and when? Also, each "tick" is 500 damage, not 5k. It does burn mobs though... but in this game DoT damage is about the same as using the Lato.

Setting fire to most infested seems to do very little. Chargers don't stagger, runners and leapers die if you look at them funny anyway, and staggering a charging ancient causes it not to attack but it keeps moving, which is not that helpful to you if it's a toxic :)

Not that staggering 'only' ancients and only ones not in the middle of a charge is useless, imho!

Personally I only get ember out for infested defense. Maxed overheat and fire blast, 1 point in fire ball if i want to stagger an ancient at long range (if I had decent HEK mods I'd never use this, I guess, but at the moment I use the boltor on infested so the option is nice to have).

Covered in power range/damage/efficiency mods, predictably enough, given that I only use it for inf def :)

Mostly i just wipe out the trash monsters with fire blast and do the rest with melee, sometimes overheat if it throws a lot of ancient-disruptors at you at once and I think I'm not going to be able to avoid getting disrupted.

I've seen a lot of people in ember threads say "overheat is good for stagger protection" but as far as I can tell it only protects you from stagger while it's casting, which, well, casting ANYTHING does the job just as well so why not fire blast ;)

Unless they mean the way it kills leapers before they actually connect, but a) not 100% reliably, sometimes the leaper dies instantly but you still get knocked down, and b) why the hell are you standing still enough to have any real problem with leapers?

TLDR: I don't bother using ember for anything difficult except infested defense, and in these I would be pretty happy if I could have 1 point in fireball, 1-2 in overheat, 3 in fire blast and 0 in world on fire. 90% of my skill use is fire blast. If not more, lol.

It's hardly the only frame with only one great skill, but its one great skill is a lot more situational than say, invis, slash dash, chaos, smoke bomb, link, crush...

Edited by FlanShark

If I were to suggest 'fixes' for ember it'd run something like:

increased base armor and base speed into line with excalibur

change world on fire so that it is basically super-damaging version of current overheat

change overheat to some kind of support ability, maybe a short teamwide firing rate & fire damage buff?

give fireball's actual projectile a slightly bigger hit-box and more reliable AoE (not saying bigger radius or more damage, just saying reliably hits inside what aoe it DOES have)

and a major buff to ember would be giving Chargers the ability to stagger, lol. Atm I can't shake the suspicion that they are only stagger-immune because they haven't got an animation for it yet ;)

She's a bit weak as a frame, it's true. Her niche is supposed to be dominating infested, but there's so many other frames who do as well as she does, and far better against others. When my wife and I play, she's on the Frost, and in Outer Terminus I just stand idly by as she collects energy orbs to wipe out the next wave.

Frankly, the Ember needs some love.

This is the absolute point of this entire thread.

I have fought alongside many Embers.

Frost outstrips it, by far.

Frost can wipe out entire waves in Xini with a single skill.

Ember can do the same, but it doesn't work so well on Ancients.

Strange. My friend's avalanche does basically nothing to the ancients on xini? to the point where he now just brings excalibur.

I can maybe believe if you have really good power mods and little else slotted, you might be able to wipe out the ancients with 2-3 avalanches...

Strange. My friend's avalanche does basically nothing to the ancients on xini? to the point where he now just brings excalibur.

I can maybe believe if you have really good power mods and little else slotted, you might be able to wipe out the ancients with 2-3 avalanches...

I doubt he killed ancients with it.

I recall that particular frost carrying a HEK with what I could tell were decent clip and multishot mods, he probably finished them in their frozen state.

We moved through waves quite quickly.

This is the absolute point of this entire thread.

I have fought alongside many Embers.

Frost outstrips it, by far.

Frost can wipe out entire waves in Xini with a single skill.

Ember can do the same, but it doesn't work so well on Ancients.

But really what this is saying more than buff the Ember, is nerf the Frost.

Truthfully, id rather have fireball do a reasonable amount of direct damage and explode doing immediate direct damage to the things in its radius than what it currently does. You can even tack on a small chance to ignite enemies if you like, but I dont think it'd be necessary.

And I'm sure World on Fire would be better suited to be something more than an uncontrollable dot with a small aoe radius, perhaps something like the blastwave that a Shockwave moa uses that does decent but not ridiculous damage, knocks stuff back, and is guarenteed to catch everything hit by it on fire.

Edit: as a sidenote, change the damage on overheat to "+fire damage to melee", add a temporary speed buff to it, and keep the armor (mobility/melee/defense/utility skill!)

Edited by Malikon

And I realized that I completely missed the point of the thread. She can be as almost good as you are. Overheat and Fire Blast are very useful for keeping yourself alive and dealing with large packs of things (infested) and killing those annoying little balls of death (Grineer). Fireball can be moderately useful for flushing things from behind cover and into the line of fire if you get the aiming down. I've found personally WoF to be too unreliable and dont have it anymore.

Seems strange that you have to use a damage frame's powers defensively to get the best use out of em :/

Edited by Malikon