Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor is outdated, DR is the way of the future

(XBOX)LZonut

On 2020-08-06 at 7:34 PM, DeMonkey said:

Sure, you ignore the plethora of other games that share the same "identity" of a horde shooter and somehow manage to balance both player and enemy damage. 

Is this a joke? What does this have to do with WF?

If we look at Destiny 2, Division 2, and even Diablo 3, WF doesn't even compare. These games did achieve a semblance of balance between scaling content, rewards, and class/profession efficiency. 

Balance is a concept that DE only recently discovered. Scott was literally scoffing at people asking for the game to be balanced, not too long ago. These guys were happy cranking out mindless power-creeped content for whales buying Prime Access until they finally became convinced that the game wasn't retaining anyone. You truly live up to your name. Yes, you do have standards. Standards of a DE shill with the IQ of a monkey. 

Give one frame all the toys, while ditching the others in the process and taking 3+ years to revamp them (praise Pablo) is asinine. %DR frames leave the ones without this mechanic in the dust. Nuke capability AND 90%+ DR on a single frame in an endurance meta, amazing idea. 

Spread the love. Give all non-invis, non-invuln frames a %DR mechanic. Increase enemy density and rewards. Give everyone a nuking mechanic. And you'll get a good horde slasher. This is exactly what DE has been doing lately, so get on board.

About that sticky sweat, might be a medical condition. Maybe you should try losing some weight. 

1 minute ago, Ikyr0 said:

Is this a joke? What does this have to do with WF?

If we look at Destiny 2, Division 2, and even Diablo 3, WF doesn't even compare. These games did achieve a semblance of balance between scaling content, rewards, and class/profession efficiency. 

Took you a couple of days to think of that response, did it?

And all you've done really is prove my point, so thank you I guess. Warframe doesn't compare to them despite sharing the same "identity". Said identity being the excuse you used to defend the idea of making every frame virtually unkillable. 

Deep Rock Galactic is a Horde Shooter, Left for Dead is a Horde Shooter, Killing Floor is a Horde Shooter, Warframe is a Horde Shooter. All of these games besides Warframe manage to balance the concept of damage without giving players consistent and functional invulnerability.

So using the game's "identity" as a justification for it and saying we should accept it as such is... utter tosh.

7 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

You truly live up to your name. Yes, you do have standards. Standards of a DE shill with the IQ of a monkey.

If I actually knew what you were getting at here, I'd be able to at least pretend to be offended by it.

But as it is, I haven't the foggiest. Especially given my behaviour of late and in this thread is entirely antithetical to that of a shill. I am sorry however that I upset you enough to cause such a response.

9 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

%DR frames leave the ones without this mechanic in the dust.

Yes they do, so we should probably ditch said abilities and get some more interesting ones, right?

I mean, it would be absolute madness to make every frame waste an ability slot on some form of %DR instead of just fixing base survivability and ditching all of them in favour of something else.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Took you a couple of days to think of that response, did it?

And all you've done really is prove my point, so thank you I guess. Warframe doesn't compare to them despite sharing the same "identity". Said identity being the excuse you used to defend the idea of making every frame virtually unkillable. 

Deep Rock Galactic is a Horde Shooter, Left for Dead is a Horde Shooter, Killing Floor is a Horde Shooter, Warframe is a Horde Shooter. All of these games besides Warframe manage to balance the concept of damage without giving players consistent and functional invulnerability.

So using the game's "identity" as a justification for it and saying we should accept it as such is... utter tosh.

If I actually knew what you were getting at here, I'd be able to at least pretend to be offended by it.

But as it is, I haven't the foggiest. Especially given my behaviour of late and in this thread is entirely antithetical to that of a shill. I am sorry however that I upset you enough to cause such a response.

Yes they do, so we should probably ditch said abilities and get some more interesting ones, right?

I mean, it would be absolute madness to make every frame waste an ability slot on some form of %DR instead of just fixing base survivability and ditching all of them in favour of something else.

So you want to TAKE AWAY DR? How does that make any sense? All the new frames have it, so DE needs to commit to the mechanic. You also want them to rework damage? Not happening. DE is in deep with years of bad balance decisions. They nerf Xoris, and the entire community goes reeeee. They can't take toys away, but they can at least make a good horde slasher with what they already have.

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

So you want to TAKE AWAY DR?

Nooooo, who said that? Certainly wasn't me. Definitely didn't say exactly that back on Thursday. That would be mad, because that would mean you didn't actually read my post.

On 2020-08-06 at 11:27 PM, DeMonkey said:

remove DR from abilities entirely and balance the game around a base level of survivability instead

Darn, you got me, I have been rumbled.

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

DE is in deep with years of bad balance decisions

About time to undo some I'd say. Building a game on bad decisions sounds like a pretty silly idea to me.

Cute edit earlier btw, hard to fat shame someone so skinny they're in danger of being blown over in a stiff breeze though, but kudos for trying.

Archived