Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead of rewarding relics for completing open-world bounties, reward relic cards

meepmeeep

For example, if you complete a tier 4 bounty, you get an Axi relic card which can be exchanged with Eudico or Konzu for 1 Axi, 2 Neos, 3 Mesos or 4 Liths. This will make grinding bounties less tedious and slow for high-level players; they won't have to go to the low-level bounties and run around with their max range Equinox's to get Lith relics for Trinity/Nova, they can just do the higher level ones instead. It will reward players for playing on higher difficulties (unlike Steel Path bounties... only 1k extra Fortuna standing for having to deal with nearly unkillable Terra Jackals/Raknoids that are immune to stun and healed by damage vulnerability effects?) and make acquiring Relics to get the next Prime Access's items feel like less of a grind.

You won't be able to cash in Relic Cards from previous Prime Access unvaultings to get next Prime Access's items, the relics you'll get from them will stay the way they are. This way, you can't just stock up on a bunch of cards when you're done grinding for their items to get the next Prime Access items, or forget to cash them in before they're vaulted and removed from the reward table.

55 minutes ago, meepmeeep said:

You won't be able to cash in Relic Cards from previous Prime Access unvaultings to get next Prime Access's items

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

An interesting idea, but this right here is why they won't do it. 

At that time too, it wouldn't matter since Unvaultings continue dominate the entire Bounty Relics. The last Prime Access to be featured in Bounties was Wukong Prime, and people were dismayed over that the Nyx & Rhino Prime Unvaulting for that reason too.

The sole exception is Profit Taker Heist, but that requires to be Rank 5 with Solaris United first and it only rewards one time.

Yeah, bounties need to actually offer non-unvaulted relics, not be further barricaded away from them.

Taking away the layer of "which relic do I actually get" RNG from the godawful relic system is the only thing that makes it almost tolerable. I'd rather not have to spend 7 hours farming Xini between EACH DROP of the single relic I'm looking for - this genuinely happened to me back in Valkitty release, and made a single part take 56 gameplay hours of interception to acquire due to also having bad luck on the radshares. Loads of relics, but not what I needed.

There's no wonder people headhunt new relics in public fissures while that can feasibly happen. Reliable, specific relics from bounties were a breath of fresh air, until they got dumped with constant unvault rotations instead.

Archived