Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The music choice for the end of the mission screen is misplaced

VisionAndVoice

In my opinion using the fragment of the main theme for the generic mission end screen is a poor choice.

Firstly, because is undermines the theme itself. Before that it was only used for special, triumphant occasions where its impact was fitting, and in fact formed a large part of the grand impression from those moments. Using it as a common jingle removes the special-ness of this theme, and lessens the impact from it and any grand moments that it underscores.

Secondly, because it's triumphant mood does not always fit the mood of the end of the mission. I feel nothing triumphant when I see this mission screen after a mundane milkrun for void reactants. Or when mission was a failure. Or when I get kicked from the mission because of poor connection and still see the screen. There is an annoying dissonance between the uplifitng track and the mood I feel in such occasions. It simply does not fit.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with having clinical ambient sounds over mission result screens before, so this sound decision is a case of overdesign in itself, but the unfitting music track makes it worse. Please out something else in there - maybe one of those shorter jingles that used to be on the title screen before and now sound in the codex and market, or something new. Or silence.

I second this. The Second Dream OST is overused and abused. I adored the first time i heard it. I was in love with it, i couldn't help, but searched high and low, only to find it on youtube after a few days/weeks of digging. This one is still gives me the chills.

After a few years, iterations of this once epic music has been overly abused. Now, we get to hear it, even before the quest requirements have been met.

I third this, the failure jingle is my least favorite of the entire warframe OST by far, now I have to hear it

EVERY

FRICKEN

TIME

I abort the mission, if DE doesn't implement the OP's idea then they lost a 4-5 year veteran player

edit: I think I misread the original post, the OP was probably talking about the music after the assigned jingle

Archived