Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beam weirdness and some other issues

Kontrollo

Beam weapons seem to behave weirdly at the moment. I was made aware of the fact recently by a Conclave player who noticed zeroes in the ticks of beam weapons. We did some additional tests, but it's kind of hard to pin down. I'm not 100% sure if that's just a UI bug, but it's likely that it also reduced these guns' DPS.

The earliest tests I made myself was with Zephyr and a Flux Rifle against her tornadoes, both in PvP and PvE. Interestingly, with multishot mods equipped in the Simulacrum, some numbers would show up as lower than others, but there were no zeroes. Screenshot of lower PvE numbers:

Spoiler

FPcoEf4.png

Without multishot mods, zero valued ticks could be produced consistently in both PvE and PvP, both against tornadoes and players:

Spoiler

In the Conclave against tornadoes:gdBDiuA.jpeg

In the Simulacrum against tornadoes without multishot:

PA7hCa6.jpeg

Conclave against someone else:

niG6kqx.png

Additional information which might be helpful:

• It did not seem to make a difference whether I was host or client (tried both in the Conclave).

• Higher FPS and rapidly moving the reticle seemed to make things worse; I recorded it and kept my FPS at 30, but the other guy tried a few other settings. Maybe it's caused by going from one hitbox to the other? Or maybe it discards all damage when a frame or two are off-target (wouldn't explain tornadoes, though)? It's hard to tell.

• It might've been introduced with Railjack Revisited (27.4), although could've been earlier, too, from what I heard.

• I've searched the forums and the following might be a thread about the same problem:
    Spoiler

As for the other issues, this is meant more as a reminder for unresolved Conclave problems.

• You recently removed Inaros Prime, although his stats were fine, yet Telos Boltace has been allowed to stay enabled for over 9 months now. (I'm sure I'm not the only one who has stopped playing in public because of issues like with this weapon.)
  • Shotgun damage (plus some other weapons) has been brokenly high for several months now, as well. I've tried to find patch note entries for the PvE changes that caused this, but those are missing, too. I'm told it happened with Railjack Revisited. Linked thread below has damage numbers before/after the fact.
  • Saryn's Passive makes electric weapons way too powerful, because it messes with the proc.
  • From what I've been told, these are the worst offenders currently, but they're not the only problems which got introduced at some point and have not been addressed.

Threads with more information:

Spoiler

Telos Boltace thread:

Shotguns are basically snipers with pellets now, some snipers got buffs they didn't need, plus I don't even know what happened to Buzlok and Hema (see pic in thread):

Saryn Passive + Electricity procs are mentioned here, among other things:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived