Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I had forgotten how much I despise running exploiter solo.

With a squad, this fight isn't horrible.  With a good squad it can even be fun.  But with the absurdly broken state of the Vallis right now and the fact that nearly every mission out there breaks, crashes the game or host migrates everyone, and it's doing this to literally everyone I know, I pretty much have to run this solo if I want the Laz Toroids to build a second Hildryn.  

This mission is utterly infuriating solo.  I knew this already since I had to run it 30+ times solo to get Hildryn the first time.  I had repressed that I guess. 

There are no clearly defined phases for when Coolant Raknoids show up, they're just constantly spawning everywhere the player isn't, Mach Rushing their way to the Orb and then instantly cooling it off as soon as they're even remotely close.  It seems like even one of them hitting it with coolant will just remove literally any progress you make while every canister you throw barely moves the gauge at all.  Even trying to stockpile Thermia and then throwing it all at once does nothing because while you're trying to throw, Raknoids are just spawning on top of the Orb and removing progress as you make it.  Clearly defined phases of "Raknoids only show up at this time."  and "Dodge attacks while making and throwing Thermia at this time" would make this like an actual boss fight instead of the test of patience that it currently is.  You're expected to keep watch on 360º of spawning area for Raknoids (when they sometimes spawn pretty much already in spitting distance.) that are immune to all forms of crowd control and move like Gauss on crack, all while also trying to make and throw thermia consistently to keep the Orb from cooling itself off and being cooled off and it's maddening to do solo.

You really need to stop breaking things like this and then just leaving them until the next update, and this fight really needs heavy tuning and bug fixes.

Huh, I guess its not just me then

Been refarming Hildryn and every single time matchmaking fails and I end up solo-ing it.

In the elevator there's a slight pause and the Chat sidebar lights up as if its finding me a match, but nothing happens...

and the one time it did put me into a squad, it booted out cause of some 'client host data mismatch' error....

Well, just 1 more 20min run for that last torroid now....

On 2020-08-16 at 4:55 PM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You really need to stop breaking things like this and then just leaving them until the next update, and this fight really needs heavy tuning and bug fixes.

with DE's current marketing model

all Content is Temporary, each update gets maybe a month of new player boosted sales. after which it is effectively dead and DE focuses on hyping up the Next Update to bring in some fresh sales. No profit in fixing dead content.

unfortunately I really don't see a way to motivate DE to act otherwise. Not enough players quit out over the glitches, to outweigh the hype of New Content.

I guess its just an inherent flaw in the F2P/GamesAsAService business model, quality work just doesn't pay off for the developer long term.

Yeah, I guess exploiter orb fight was one of their experiments. Can't say I blame them, the fight is nice when it goes nice, when you actually have an inkling of what's going on and why.

I use enemy radar mods to make the fight easier and that works well against the coolant raknoid adds on second phase. Sniping them before they do their thing is not that hard with those mods. But if I do that, exploiter orb just pounds the earth and resets progress to halfway. Then repeat shooting raknoids and there may be a little time gap when you can refine coolant and throw it, but I don't think that was enough of a gap. Then repeat the same thing over again, this time getting almost there but not quite.

I don't know why her vents in phase one have to be objects instead of parts of an enemy. Like because you wanted us to use weapons with no crit nor status orientation (hello Exergis) there? But those weapons are sub-part to deal with raknoids in phase two. But I can deal with that. The main issue for me is the second phase of the fight.

For those of you who don't know .. Phase 2 of the Exploiter Fight is probably annoying because of the fact That The Exploiter Cheats...

It's already known that the Raknoids run pretty #*!%ing fast and in groups.... However last time I did it Solo I caught the game Spawning Raknoids directly underneath the Exploiter when I thought I wasn't looking... BTW I was looking...

And with the Coolant Depositing Animation Playing out in less than a second... Chances are you can't actually stop them from reaching the Exploiter... 

Not only that..but if for whatever reason a Raknoids gets stuck. It will Teleport that Raknoids under the terrain  directly to the Exploiter... 

Fun times 😐

Archived