Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corpus Tile set - Defense and Interception Missions

askaninja

First I want to say I love the look of the new tile set in general; the lighting and textures are beautiful. I held off saying anything for a while because i wanted to give it a chance. I want to start by saying there is an old saying that is still used because it has been proven true time and time again - "Form Follows Function" - Louis Sullivan

I see many people leaving these new Corpus tile-set maps for Interception and Defense missions for good reason.. the new Corpus Defense and Interception tile-set maps look great but lack the functionality the old maps had making them very challenging when it comes to playing them. Play is very slow on these maps because it is too big of a map and takes too long for the enemies to get to the center of the map even with a speed-nova accelerating the rounds. Their geometry and size really needs a change to make them playable. I humbly recommend the following suggestions to make them playable while retaining maximum play-ability:

• Remove the bottom floor/story entirely (bottom 10 meters) so the main room is only 2 stories high.
  • Remove the large room to the back of the map opposite of the map entrance
  • Removing the elevator the center of the map and keep the target at the top of the map.
  • Raise the corner platforms up about 4 meters so they are almost as high as the center platform, but still low enough can't see all the interception points at once
  • Add enemy spawns to be mostly at the bottom of the map 
  • Put the bigger/stronger enemies in the spawns at the bottom of the map so the flow is better and encourages more teamwork plus gives a little slack as the enemies get harder
  • Reduce the walkways / staircases to 4

If you really want to have that feeling of depth, put a pit where the bottom floor was with lighting to make it look dramatic but without the space being taken up 😃 Anyways like i said, the new Corpus tile-set looks great, but needs to evolve to make it more usable.

+1

Yesterday, I played a Defense fissure on the new Corpus Ship and watching paint dry was faster than the four of us trying to get to wave 20 to open 4 relics.

It took almost 45 minutes. Granted, we didn't have a Speed Nova, but even without her, it definitely didn't take that long on the old tile.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived