Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstreams (Aug 28)

[DE]Rebecca

On 2020-08-26 at 3:41 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

RemoteDevStreamPage_1080p_1pm.jpg

NOTE: Special Time! This Friday at 1 p.m ET - join Devs and I  to go over how things have changed at DE since our last Home Devstream on.... August 1, is we count TennoCon. We are ending our 24th week of remote work, and we have a lot to discuss... all things HEART OF DEIMOS! 

This will be experimental as we have limited hardware at home:

See you at 1 p.m ET Friday, August 28 at twitch.tv/warframe 

Great Devstream team! I hope you consider this message.

To Steve's point, you all certainly deserve a round of beers for this awesome update. This will keep everyone occupied for at least 30 days simply subsuming Warframes and much longer making builds, mechs and getting into all sorts of fun.

To Sheldon's point about adding Loid's audio along with his skin being less work than it seems- I hope you consider looking at the clan/alliance system as an update after HoD settles and you get a well deserved rest.

Hear me out! The new infested, mech and other HoD updates coming in the pipeline are equally exciting and compelling.
It must have been tough pulling so much greatness together working from home and knowing that Lich updates and Railjack updates are on the horizon (daunting tasks, by all measures). It feels like the best win-win situation. The more labor intensive and spectacular updates we all know are coming get more breathing room and you can all take a break by White boarding and researching clan systems to rework the old solar rails.

An update centered around clan/alliance would be far less stressful from the story boarding/voice acting/asset producing perspective and carry a ton of weight to how players interact outside of combat for the long haul and give pretty thick insulation to any negativity resulting from ambitious goal setting in the future. 

On 2020-08-28 at 12:00 PM, punipunichen said:

Please address the Tencent situation.

Considering that Tencent has finalized the deal and paid $1.4 Billion or about for Leyou according to https://investgame.net/news/tencent-has-acquired-leyou-technologies

it looks like the previous gag order (Leyou and their holdings couldn't discuss the potential deal as long as it was still in the exclusive talks stage) might be ending. One might fully expect some announcement early this September about how this deal is going to be great for Warframe's future and growth going forward. That said, I think the elephant in the room is how will our data be protected considering, Tencent is involved in issues back home in China and DE by extension would now be fully part of that, and if Warframe will continue as it has or change to another form of profitability.

Archived