Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Weapon Problems

TruthSetAblaze

Question

Hey everybody. Thanks for reading.

I've been having trouble finding a good primary weapon. I'm happy my Twin Gremlins (soon to be Acrid) as a secondary but they can't always be relied on.

I'm not so into charge weapons. They aren't my style as I've tried the Dread fully modded and don't like it. I used the Dera (polarized 5 times) for a while but then you put it up against 110+ level ancients it starts to fall off real fast I find. I've also tried the Latron Prime (polarized 3 times) and I'm unimpressed with the dps to say the least.

Couple of things to consider. Ammo consumption is very important to me and I need it to handle itself late game. I'm a picky shooter, I know, but I hope you fine people can help.

Edited by TruthSetAblaze

8 answers to this question

Hey everybody. Thanks for reading.

I've been having trouble finding a good primary weapon. I'm happy my Twin Gremlins (soon to be Acrid) as a secondary but they can't always be relied on.

I'm not so into charge weapons. They aren't my style as I've tried the Dread fully modded and don't like it. I used the Dera (polarized 5 times) for a while but then you put it up against 110+ level ancients it starts to fall off real fast I find. I've also tried the Latron Prime (polarized 3 times) and I'm unimpressed with the dps to say the least.

Couple of things to consider. Ammo consumption is very important to me and I need it to handle itself late game. I'm a picky shooter, I know, but I hope you fine people can help.

Build a Soma, max it out with the right mods, and mitigate its ammo consumption with a mutation mod.

Or just try all the weapons, one by one. Try the shotguns, for one, or maybe even Burston, my preferred weapon. Fully modded, forma-ed and potatoed, it's quite strong. Or you could go the armor-ignore route, with Boltor, which sounds pretty sweet, or Latron, for excellent head-shot damage. 

there's many weapons in the Primary class that can fill your role of Ammunition Efficiency. 

besides, if you try a wide array of Primaries, more Mastery!

as much as i hate to say it, Soma for an "i'm all damage bro" style loadout makes a very effective Battle Rifle. stack as much damage as possible, possibly with room for Shred(who can say no to Puncture? :D) and you've got a pretty powerful Battle Rifle.

just because it's a machinegun doesn't mean you need to use it like one. due to it's spinup, you can easily fire single shots or small bursts - both of which faster than a Semi-auto rifle or a Burst rifle. 

Sobek also makes a good general purpose Alpha damage weapon, with Accuracy and Range second to none in the Shotgun department, despite what unknowledgeable Tenno say.

you may also be quite surprised at how multi-purpose Torid is. it's direct impact damage is actually crazy powerful, and it creates AoE clouds all over the place for extra damage and slow/stun. Torid might have a small 'magazine' size, but the impact damage is like Latron Prime with maxed out cards, and then some. even without any viable Crits Torid can blow away the single shot damage of a weapon like Latron Prime.

don't expect fantastic DPS out of Marksman weapons though... since Ammunition Efficiency and Marksman type weapons sort've go together.

Edited by taiiat

there's many weapons in the Primary class that can fill your role of Ammunition Efficiency. 

besides, if you try a wide array of Primaries, more Mastery!

as much as i hate to say it, Soma for an "i'm all damage bro" style loadout makes a very effective Battle Rifle. stack as much damage as possible, possibly with room for Shred(who can say no to Puncture? :D) and you've got a pretty powerful Battle Rifle.

just because it's a machinegun doesn't mean you need to use it like one. due to it's spinup, you can easily fire single shots or small bursts - both of which faster than a Semi-auto rifle or a Burst rifle. 

Sobek also makes a good general purpose Alpha damage weapon, with Accuracy and Range second to none in the Shotgun department, despite what unknowledgeable Tenno say.

you may also be quite surprised at how multi-purpose Torid is. it's direct impact damage is actually crazy powerful, and it creates AoE clouds all over the place for extra damage and slow/stun. Torid might have a small 'magazine' size, but the impact damage is like Latron Prime with maxed out cards, and then some. even without any viable Crits Torid can blow away the single shot damage of a weapon like Latron Prime.

don't expect fantastic DPS out of Marksman weapons though... since Ammunition Efficiency and Marksman type weapons sort've go together.

Yeah I'm definitely trying out the Soma. The Torid is interesting aswell. Thanks.