Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Foundry Rework & Item Grading Concept]

weeaboopotato

As we all know warframe has abysmal build times. Even for weapons that are no longer relevant as the fear of power creep lurks around. This aims to make crafting not take so long and be a much more enjoyable experience for new players and make veteran's lives a lot easier. While also further in reinforcing feel and the image of an item. In that way player's will know what kind of weapon they're going to be crafting from the start. 

[Foundry Rework]
-The foundry rework is simple. Add weapon rarity grading and that grading will determine how long it'll take to finish crafting. Low MR weapons like the Furis and weak weapons like the Stug should not take 12 hours to make. Unlike the weapons like the Shedu and the Kuva Nukor which it would make sense why it would take that long to craft. Although the ranks aren't entirely based on MR, since we all know there are still some weapons from MR 12 that are weak. All weapons will be graded by a similar system of common, uncommon, rare and whatever purple was again. Warframe already has a system like this for resources and mods, why not other stuff like weapons too? Obviously Common weapons would have a massively reduced crafting time.

<<Crafting times>> 
-[Common] : 30 minutes
-[Uncommon] : 1 hour
-[Rare] 6 hours
-[Legendary] : 12 hours
-[Primed] : 12 hours

This will set automatically set expectations for the player on what they're getting and would make the loot grind feel a lot better.

[Item Grading]
-Items will be color coded by their grade, using the color they already put on mods; Bronze for [common], Blue for [uncommon], yellow for [rare], purple for [legendary], and sky blue for [primed] items. All warframes however will be, [legendary] rarity except for the starter frames which will be a [rare].  How would we grade the weapons by their rarity? well that's by their power, how hard it is to farm, and the amount of resources that is needed to be used to craft that weapons. For example: The Braton, it is understandably a [common] rarity weapon, then we have the boltor, which is exceptionally more powerful but very easy to obtain making it an [uncommon] rarity; Then we have weapons like Lenz, although easy to get its blueprints, the resources needed to craft it are not easy and it is very powerful. Understandably making it a [rare] weapons. Then we have the Kuva Bramma, Its blueprint is required to be taken from a kuva lich, it requires a lot of resources to make, and it is very powerful making it a [Legendary] rarity. All primed items are automatically [primed] rarity. To go more into detail on how items are graded, Common items are ones that are really easy to obtain, uncommon are fairly easy to obtain but not a cake walk or require a lot of resources, rare are items that are either hard to get, hard to craft, powerful never having all 3 but is a always have either 2 of them. Then [Legendary] items are all of the above, they're strong, hard to obtain and requires a lot of resources; exceptions being items that require an absurdly hard item to obtain. 

36 minutes ago, weeaboopotato said:

This will set automatically set expectations for the player on what they're getting and would make the loot grind feel a lot better.

The issue is that you are using a totally arbitrary system. This does not set expectations for players. The current system is far better as you can look at a weapon and know it will be either 12 hours or 24 hours. You are making it so much more complicated than it needs to be. There is also no logical reason to separate primed and legendary if they are going to have the same time to craft. At least have one of them at 24 hours.

37 minutes ago, weeaboopotato said:

Then we have the Kuva Bramma, Its blueprint is required to be taken from a kuva lich, it requires a lot of resources to make, and it is very powerful making it a [Legendary] rarity.

Last I checked Kuva weapons did not need to be crafted. They are just put in our foundry.

42 minutes ago, weeaboopotato said:

Warframe already has a system like this for resources and mods, why not mods too?

You mean "why not weapons too" right?

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, what incentive does DE have to implement this? They're just gonna lose money if they do, cause no one is gonna rush a 12 hour item.

people are still gonna rush items, if its something good and incredibly rare it will give more incentive to rush it with plat. Like who in the right mind would rush a furis? Not only that, this will also help new players not waste their money rushing less rare items while also incentivising them to rush more harder to get items. Cause the excitement of finally getting an incredibly item would make people who can afford it, to rush it as fast as possible after grinding so incredibly long for it. Hard items to obtain are always going to be exciting to obtain and that excitement will boost weapon popularity and make players want to rush items more often. 

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Last I checked Kuva weapons did not need to be crafted. They are just put in our foundry.

wait what, and last of all lets just say this system is solely just for the excitement factor. A system like this coupled with a UI of its own can make players feel more excited about an item. Although a bit more complicated, it makes some weapons look more exciting and would make thing easier for new players since they are more familiar with this system from other games.

4 minutes ago, weeaboopotato said:

people are still gonna rush items, if its something good and incredibly rare it will give more incentive to rush it with plat.

"Incredibly rare" implies most people wont have it. I don't think enough items fit this description for it to be a valid excuse. It is basically just new things, which actual difficulty is irrelevant on. I certainly would not have paid to rush HoD content if it was only going to take an hour or so to finish. You need to find better descriptors for your levels, this is just too arbitrary to be realistic. You might as well lump all weapons that require a Link as Common, all that start with a B as Uncommon etc. We could pick any measure to set the levels, you need to pick something that most people can agree on.

6 minutes ago, weeaboopotato said:

last of all lets just say this system is solely just for the excitement factor. A system like this coupled with a UI of its own can make players feel more excited about an item.

I am sorry, but I just cannot imagine how that would work. I don't think this sounds exciting. Perhaps if you could do some mock images it would help. 

The biggest flaw at the moment is the total lack of logic in why stuff is at what level. I understand what you mean from your explanation, but just about all weapons work to an acceptable level on the normal starchart. People like myself with large reserves of resources may find that aspect pointless - why is something rare when I never had to go out and farm a single material to build it? Also keep in mind that many weapons are not farmed, their BPs come from the market or clan labs, so that measure is out too. Because resource farming is again, fairly random. If we run boosters and loot manipulation frames it is going to be far easier than without.

• You'd also need to consider the base stat ranges for weapons, placing weightings on stats. 

On 2020-09-04 at 6:49 PM, krc473 said:

The biggest flaw at the moment is the total lack of logic in why stuff is at what level. I understand what you mean from your explanation, but just about all weapons work to an acceptable level on the normal starchart. People like myself with large reserves of resources may find that aspect pointless - why is something rare when I never had to go out and farm a single material to build it? Also keep in mind that many weapons are not farmed, their BPs come from the market or clan labs, so that measure is out too. Because resource farming is again, fairly random. If we run boosters and loot manipulation frames it is going to be far easier than without.

• You'd also need to consider the base stat ranges for weapons, placing weightings on stats. 

to be fair this isnt for veterans but rather only focused on keeping new players interest in the game. This system is going to be absolutely useless in the long run but it makes good for helping the new players get into the game more easily. Giving them a goal from the start and wanting to hoard more. Until they eventually find out how the game actually is. However I can see your point and will be planning on making changes to the concept now.

4 hours ago, weeaboopotato said:

This system is going to be absolutely useless in the long run but it makes good for helping the new players get into the game more easily.

That's the issue. If the system is totally useless by MR10 or so it really isn't worth any time at all. The system needs to be one that would be equally useful to a MR25 person as a MR3 person.

On 2020-09-08 at 7:57 PM, krc473 said:

That's the issue. If the system is totally useless by MR10 or so it really isn't worth any time at all. The system needs to be one that would be equally useful to a MR25 person as a MR3 person.

my argument to that is DE's auto install feature for ayatan sculptures that only unlock by rank 10 theres a lotta useless features in warframe tbh 

18 hours ago, weeaboopotato said:

my argument to that is DE's auto install feature for ayatan sculptures that only unlock by rank 10 theres a lotta useless features in warframe tbh 

Auto-install for Ayatans is a somewhat useful feature. The issue is that it has a mastery restriction. That is a fairly different example to what you are talking about. Your suggestion is fairly pointless for most people. The feature you mention is at least a little useful to most people with access to it.

Archived