Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The cause of the Deimos fishing stuck bug!

Hobie-wan

I think I have finally figured out the cause of the fishing bug in Deimos that makes you stuck. it is related to glassed enemies. Sometimes when you kill a glassed enemies, I think perhaps just the charger, it leaves behind a green ghost of the tentacles on its back sometimes. This would be really hard to spot in the grass, but is fairly visible up close when over the gel. See it to my right here.

A779587C0169ED2884567022694172E08D3F6F38

I saw it happen and thought "haha ima shoot with my spear!" My spear and its line shot off behind me and lo and behold I'm stuck with a full load of Vome-time fish that I needed.

I forgot to take it off solo, so I can't invite someone to extract and save me and I did get another glassed come over, but it can't seem to hit me at all, so I can't be saved by death either this time. I even disconnected my internet for several minutes and I'm not even getting a network warning to hope it will dump me and reconnect  to my session. ☹️

Please boost this and please please please DE, check this out so you can fix it. So many of us have lost hours of loot to this bug.

--------Edit 09-10-20--------

Seems to be just corpses in general. In my case here, it was a glass corpse that didn't fully go away.

2 hours ago, Coyote8004 said:

This happened to me to, but without the glass enemies. It happens whenever you use the Deimos fishing spear and needs to be fixed.

Hmm. Maybe there are multiple causes then. I definitely broke when I threw my spear at the 'ghost' and it bounced off somewhere way behind me.

And FWIW this was with the second Deimos spear. I can't remember for certain if I had it happen when I had the first Deimos spear or not. I didn't do any long fishing sessions until I had the latter one.

Each time an open world is launched an otherworldly amount of bugs come with it. So anytime you plan on going into these zones never stay to long, before existing. Its not worth the risk to your loot and patience.

Go into the open world, invite only. Stay for a while, extract, then return. Rise and repeat. 

FYI I managed to bend the ear of a DE employee in game and discussed some stuff and seems it might be specifically hitting corpses of enemies with your spear. After some ideas and such, they managed to get it to happen semi regularly. So hopefully some progress will be made on the issue. 🙂

For the person that had it happen with the seed pods that made it to the ground without popping, they might count as enemies too since they take damage from weapons and can move, just ones that don't attack.

Archived