Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a pause option for solo open worlds

Jarriaga

Hey DE, sometimes life just happens. Your ex is at your door. An unexpected phone call. Your cat broke a flower vase. During those times, if you press escape/start while your matchmaking is set to solo, the game pauses for most of the game and that's great!

But this doesn't apply to Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis or Cambion Drift. If Life happens while you're mining, you'll find yourself dead by the time you return. Often caused by an enemy that spawned while you were away. 

I know the time of day cycle may be a problem for fully pausing the open maps, but what if you just freeze all enemy AI/activity as a "pause" in open maps? It would be a brute force illusion but it ultimately serves the same purpose while allowing for the clock to keep running.

Thanks.

I always disliked not being able to pause the game in these locations but it works everywhere else. Perhaps it is because those places are affected by the changes happening to them in real time, worm battles, Eidolons, etc.

That said, I am grateful we can even use pause in the first place. As someone who plays mostly alone, it's very appreciated to have this option.

So, while I understand this and accept we will likely not get the ability to pause the game there, I would love to have it anyway.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I always disliked not being able to pause the game in these locations but it works everywhere else. Perhaps it is because those places are affected by the changes happening to them in real time, worm battles, Eidolons, etc.

That said, I am grateful we can even use pause in the first place. As someone who plays mostly alone, it's very appreciated to have this option.

So, while I understand this and accept we will likely not get the ability to pause the game there, I would love to have it anyway.

That's precisely why I proposed for them to just freeze the enemy AI. This gives you the pause you need while the clock cycle stays active.

Iirc, you used to be able to and this feature was removed due to numerous bugs and script errors that occured when trying to proceed time, while also spawning events, and repositioning enemies regardless of their AI being paused. 

Best option is to just get in archwing and fly to the top of the map for deimos, or hide in a crevice in fortuna or poe. There's a lot of places that enemies simply don't spawn, or can't path to to kill you. Yes, including flying units and ships on the applicable maps.

Archived