Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Deimos too Spoilery for new players?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Was watching a youtube streamer go through Warframe for the first time, and surprisingly... Deimos is accessibly pretty early on.

Just got me thinking, that some of the questline lore and mech fight mechanisms present, might be bordering on Spoilers for players who haven't reached The Second Dream yet? Father definitely uses the T-word as part of the quest....

Maybe Deimos ought to be locked behind Second Dream?

1 minute ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:
  Hide contents

Yes it was.... when the heart is failing and you're forced to use Father's old Necramech for the final fight.. he specifically mentions using your Transference to control it...

Spoiler

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Deimos/Transcript

Put 'Transference' into find, it won't come up.

The quote is: Alright. Not ideal, but I've cross-routed your Warframe impulse stream directly to Snake. 

At most this indicates to the player that the Warframe is not 'worn', but remote-controlled. This itself isn't much of a spoiler since the big thematic spoiler is the fact that it's fragile children piloting it, not some big gruff super solider or a seperate computer.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:
  Hide contents

Yes it was.... when the heart is failing and you're forced to use Father's old Necramech for the final fight.. he specifically mentions using your Transference to control it...

A new player wouldn't even know what tranference means, so they'd be really confused about it, what would really spoil it is if you saw your operator to go into said necramech.

Oh OK

I guess he used a different keyword

Spoiler

I still think the implications of remote control are dangerously close to spoiler material.

When I first started out I believed that I *was* the Warframe, and that crafting additional ones was like adding characters to my game profile (in a 4th wall breaking necessary evil aspect); not that my character had an identity separate from the frames themselves....

Archived