Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void status & other statuses feedback

Yaerion

After reading the plans for Void status:  " Void damage’s Status Effect will now redirect projectiles to the body part it proc’d on. ", there are things that drifted in my mind for a long time about the statuses system that made a resurgence:

My main problem with statuses is the extreme disparity of usefulness of some against others. For example, Heat disables enemies (panic), does DoT (damage bonus against 2 factions), and strips armor. There are 3 powerful effects in 1 status. Far below, we have things like Magnetic, that has litterally no effect against 2 factions, and is rendered nearly useless against its target faction by the existence of Toxic damage that can bypass Shields, and its neutral effect on health/armor of the Corpus units. This unbelievable chasm really bothers me and breaks aspects of the game, forcing us to ignore certain element types.

To address this, I have 2 leads to suggest, to bring statuses to the level of the one of Heat:
- allow various additional effects (up to 3, like Ignite from Heat) at some thresholds of Stacks. (I tend to think that triggering 3 effects on the first proc stack, like Ignite, is a bit too strong, but I don't want either that statuses take forever to be effective)
- make sure that every status is good against at least 2 factions, and has an effect (maybe less interesting, but still noticeable) on the others.

============================

Now, I'll just detail what I have in mind for the existing statuses that could be interesting in my humble opinion:

1) Void Damage:
Honestly, I feel like Magnetic and Void should swap their core concept (Magnetic: bullet attractor, Void: ignore/negate defenses). I envision Void status like something that would allow to bypass (or negate) protections, while empowering our warframes.
Different effects when stacking this status could involve (from lower stacks to higher ones): ignore shields & armor, ignore damage reductions, generate energy orbs.
It'd make Void damage a gate to True Damage. To avoid making it too cheasy, the status would require to aim at the proc area to benefit from its effects (similar visually to Banshee's Sonar weak points?)

2) Magnetic
Magnetic would thus become the "bullet attractor".
Different effects when stacking could involve: jamming weapons (like Mesa's 2), attracting enemies around (similar to Mag's Magnetize or an electro-magnetic singularity)

3) Impact
Different effects when stacking could involve: Disarming, Knock Out (the enemy is put to sleep, opening him/her to finishers)

4) Puncture
Different effects when stacking could involve: weakpoints with guaranteed (or greatly increased) critical chances, punchthrough.

5) Slash
Different effects when stacking could involve: lowering of the rate of fire/attacks, drastical lowering of precision (vision blurred by loss of blood), interruptions of movement (kneels on the ground or falter).

6) Cold
Different effects when stacking could involve: tissue damage (targets suffer exponential damage (scales with their level and status stack) to their frozen flesh when they move and attack), complete freeze (opens to finishers), area ice damage (scaling with health) when a frozen target dies (the sharp ice fragments projection).

7) Toxin
I really think that base Toxin damage shouldn't bypass shields. It's as if Corrosive would bypass armor. It doesn't make sense. Toxin status, ok.
Different effects when stacking could involve: impossibility to receive healing, vulnerability exponentially increased to status proc chances.

8) Blast
Different effects when stacking could involve: Interrupting AI action plan and fleeing in Fear to a cover, Deafening (similar to Banshee's Silence) and resetting awareness (the explosion makes them forget what they were doing)

9) Corrosive
Different effects when stacking could involve: panicking in pain, the target deals damage to everyone around (s/he waves weapons incontrollably while trying to get rid of the corrosive liquid off his/her body), frightens enemies around

10) Gas
Different effects when stacking could involve: increase statuses duration, spreading any status proc to an enemy in a gas cloud to all enemies in the area it covers.

11) Radiation
Different effects when stacking could involve: radiation signature/interferences makes their allies easily spotable on the minimap (similar to Radar), enemy leaves a trail of radiation behind, damaging enemies crossing it.

12) Electricity
Different effects when stacking could involve: preventing enemies from using abilities (knockdowns, teleport, etc) cause they have no energy (similar to a disruption for us: their equipment malfunctions), blind the enemy.

13) Viral
Being very powerful and the most overplayed status, I'm not sure this status needs other effects as is. However, i will just submit ideas that could be interesting if it was less powerful.
Different effects when stacking could involve: contagion of nearby enemies on death, allows to generate health orbs with melee strikes, allows to devour the enemy (similar to Inaros's 2d).

14) Heat
Since I used it as a reference to all this process, Heat status effects are ok, however I think it's very powerful that it has all of its effects from the first proc. If kept as is, other status should align and have several effects applying with the first proc, too.

That's it. Thanks for reading this far if you did.
Now I throw this in the void before I decide to delete it.

Le 02/10/2020 à 14:40, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

The aim should be to make other status as good as the good ones. Not make the good status effects as bad as the bad ones.

Are you saying that because of my remark about applying all effects on the first proc stack was a bit too powerful in my opinion?

Because I think I made exactly what you point here within my suggestions: bring all status on par with Ignite (Heat status).

The goal of this feedback is to widen and harmonize the values of statuses.

When I said that triggering all effects right from the first stack was a bit powerful, I was thinking about adding additional effects at the 2d, 3d, 4th stack. Not about waiting after 5-10 stacks before benefitting from them. (exemple for Heat status: 1st proc: Dot, 2d proc: panic, 3d or 4th proc: armor reduction). But that's just personal, this particular thing is not crucial in my suggestions.

So, actually, I think we're are globally on the same page ^^

(unless you think that some of the effects I suggested really suck; don't hesitate to tell me which ones, if I can improve them to something that you'd judge more useful in missions.)

22 hours ago, Yaerion said:

Are you saying that because of my remark about applying all effects on the first proc stack was a bit too powerful in my opinion?

Because I think I made exactly what you point here within my suggestions: bring all status on par with Ignite (Heat status).

The goal of this feedback is to widen and harmonize the values of statuses.

When I said that triggering all effects right from the first stack was a bit powerful, I was thinking about adding additional effects at the 2d, 3d, 4th stack. Not about waiting after 5-10 stacks before benefitting from them. (exemple for Heat status: 1st proc: Dot, 2d proc: panic, 3d or 4th proc: armor reduction). But that's just personal, this particular thing is not crucial in my suggestions.

So, actually, I think we're are globally on the same page ^^

(unless you think that some of the effects I suggested really suck; don't hesitate to tell me which ones, if I can improve them to something that you'd judge more useful in missions.)

I’m saying that because you appear to want Viral nerfed. Like I don’t understand how people can look at a disparity in a group of things and be like “nerf the good stuff. That’ll fix all the issues and definitely addresses all concerns over said stuff”.

Archived