Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken AI after 40 or 50 minutes, why?

Dr_Wonderful

After playing survival I couldn't get anyone come to our farming area and we had to leave and almost failed the mission because of it. This never happened before, we could do 2 hour runs easily but now we risk failing after 40 minutes because enemies spawn gets screwed after 40 minutes. 

AI is broken all over the place, they don't aggro, they don't spawn, etc., DE implemented an "anti-camping" thing where enemies no longer go after you if you stay in a place for too long or they can't reach you (due to broken path finding), this has resulted in a major screw-up in the game, as usual they wanted to punish people from playing long sessions and getting too much loot (among other things, namely fun I guess.)

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

AI is broken all over the place, they don't aggro, they don't spawn, etc., DE implemented an "anti-camping" thing where enemies no longer go after you if you stay in a place for too long or they can't reach you (due to broken path finding), this has resulted in a major screw-up in the game, as usual they wanted to punish people from playing long sessions and getting too much loot (among other things, namely fun I guess.)

sounds about right, I originally planned to get to MR 30, but with how DE been treating the game over the last 2 years i feel like there is better things to do now like borderlands 

The spawn rates/pathing was already broken before DE shut down the Ophelia steel essence farm. If you have to trigger the first life support after 3 min, running a survival mission on the new Corpus ship tileset with a Necros, you know, that something is definitely wrong...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

The spawn rates/pathing was already broken before DE shut down the Ophelia steel essence farm. If you have to trigger the first life support after 3 min, running a survival mission on the new Corpus ship tileset with a Necros, you know, that something is definitely wrong...

The Ophelia thing had to break something because I have seen non-responsive enemies everywhere in the normal missions too.

I don't get this, they literally suggest in loading tips that Eximus units become more common at the 2 and 3 hour mark, and then they get surprised that people find some minimal attention way to play?
Thankfully I got one booster in the login daily, and the other in the sortie, which made steel path credits reasonably drop when I powered through it over the weekend, I was waiting for that to happen before even trying steel path.

This type of spot grinding was 100% unavoidable, that's the only way 3 hour survival(as suggested by your loading screen tips) were ever going to happen.
DE do you think 3 hour survival is actually fun?

For anyone?

I have OCD and I would get help if I cought myself in 3 hour survival missions.

I am genuinely disappointed that you were surprised by the players doing this, and you must either not play, or have all boosters on permanently if you think this is "abusive tactics"(mentioned on livestream, I'm guessing referring to this)

To be clear I make no excuse for the bot players, that's blatant cheating.

Archived