Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loyalty Is Easy, Sacrifice Is Hard.

Noteleet

can you look your brother in the eye as you plunge your dagger into his heart and claim its for the greater good?

or will you sacrifice weakness so as to gain power of numbers so that we may regroup and take the fight back 10 fold?

except it's not you stabbing, your dagger, and he technically can't feel any of it cause he's frozen

were as other people are literally being blown up, shot, raped, and pillaged

I'm sure my brother can understand he got stabbed for his wallet because he took a nap next to a den of thieves, and I should probably let him die peacefully with grace, while I can put myself to good use and save the lives of those caught in the midst of a war between figureheads who a living, breathing, and 100% can feel the pain of dying.

Those who are enslaved can be liberated later. Our brother Tennos turned into monsters would be much more difficult to recover. And we'll need all of our strength to free the populations from their bondage.

Defending freedom require power, else it's just words in the wind. Do not weaken us. Do not allow the Corpus to grow stronger.

Fight for our brothers.

Your wrong. Nothing requires power, not even freedom. It only requires a greater will, and our will is greater for we know patience, have faith. Save the lives in front of us, not the ones we know nothing about.

The lives of many outweigh the lives of few

i could see this as a valid point if we had a clear view of what/how the tenno think of corpus and grineer.

do we consider them people?

do we consider them equal?

would killing them be any different than killing animals? (assuming we eat animals in space/the future)

do we consider killing them more acceptable than killing our own kind?

with so little info/lore on ourselves, we are left to speculate.

i for one like to take the approach that since they are not tenno, they are not "worth" as much as tenno.

sounds a little cruel im sure, but still, its a valid/fair point.

another context.

in a kill or be killed situation, no matter how much you care for your neighbor, you will sacrifice them to save your own kin.

at least i would...

Tenno are not just people, they are living weapons.  Allowing the Corpus to maintain control of them could tip the balance of power much greater than the Grineer holding a few extra planets.  We know the destructive power one Tenno can hold, do we want the Corpus to be able to control that?

Quality over quantity.

To value a majority is to value humans as nothing more than tallies, nothing more than objects.

To value something intangible over something that you can feel, who is more correct? I do no begrudge you brother. This is hard road we are forced to travel. I will stand for the many lives of Mars.

There is nothing noble about sacrificing another's life.

No, but what he's trying to say is, if it was him in the Cryopod he'd be saying "Don't save me, save those 10 million other people" just like what he believes our fellow none awaken Tenno would think.

i could see this as a valid point if we had a clear view of what/how the tenno think of corpus and grineer.

do we consider them people?

do we consider them equal?

would killing them be any different than killing animals? (assuming we eat animals in space/the future)

do we consider killing them more acceptable than killing our own kind?

with so little info/lore on ourselves, we are left to speculate.

i for one like to take the approach that since they are not tenno, they are not "worth" as much as tenno.

sounds a little cruel im sure, but still, its a valid/fair point.

another context.

in a kill or be killed situation, no matter how much you care for your neighbor, you will sacrifice them to save your own kin.

at least i would...

We sabotage each of their military bases, and plans to create weapons that could tip the scale for one or the other on a mass genocide level....

I think we value them as we value ourselves, living sentient beings.

Although less educated and less understanding of the faults others may have, they are still people regardless to us and deserving of life and the ability to cherish it.

Edited by FoxRabbit

No, but what he's trying to say is, if it was him in the Cryopod he'd be saying "Don't save me, save those 10 million other people" just like what he believes our fellow none awaken Tenno would think.

Since when was it a Tenno duty to save people? Who ever said we were their guardians? We're remnants of a bygone era, near-extinct and being hunted down by two empires. Our primary objective is self-preservation, and that entails saving Tenno where and when we can - especially for a cache of cryopods as large as this. 

Since when was it a Tenno duty to save people? Who ever said we were their guardians? We're remnants of a bygone era, near-extinct and being hunted down by two empires. Our primary objective is self-preservation, and that entails saving Tenno where and when we can - especially for a cache of cryopods as large as this. 

Ah, who can define one's self besides the individual? Our leadership has left the choice to us. We are able to choose our duty. I choose to stand against tyranny. I would rather be extinct than to stand for oppression in any capacity.  

Edited by Noteleet

Ah, who can define one's self besides the individual? Our leadership has left the choice to us. We are able to choose our duty. I choose to stand against tyranny. I would rather be extinct than to stand for oppression in any capacity.

Fair enough, I respect your choice. But as I said earlier in the topic, I believe that this would only be a temporary fix - by siding with the Grineer and securing more Tenno (ie the deadliest living weapons the galaxy has ever known), we can bolster our forces and make it easier to cripple the tyranny of the Grineer when The Gradivus Dilemma is all said and done.

I swear, people are just making stuff up now.

Edit: WE ARE NOT THE HEROES.

We killed Tyl Regor because he wanted to save his race. Is that noble?

If you say it was in the name of freedom, then what about the freedom of the Grineer?

Edited by GaleRoar

Fragments of history suggest that discipline and chivalry are the cornerstone values of the Tenno: is this true today? The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth.

Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

Especially since there is no lore on how the Grineer empire runs it's planets, no lore on the civilian population of the warframe universe. But think, how would you feel? Would you rather be saved at the cost of many other lives? Would you consign Mars and beyond to slavery under the Grineer?

I say hail our valiant dead, honor their sacrifice with the lives billions. Oppression is the greater evil. Even though it is hard, even though we will feel the loss of our comrades so keenly, hold fast against Grineer. Brace your hearts against the Grineer propaganda Tenno. 

Support the Corpus in this dilemma.

After the Grineer are held back Alad V will know the full fury of our displeasure. I promise you he will feel the pain of many deaths brothers and sisters. 

Hold fast.

Edit: From further on in the thread

Truly Tenno? Is freedom worth so little? If I were the one is cryostasis I would rather die a hundred times than be saved in place of freedom. The Grineer tyrants will treat our fallen no better. We do not have the stasis pods, how can we save something we cannot see? How can we justify a week of destruction and oppression? Will I turn my back on so many in need because it is easier to sympathize with my sleeping brothers and sisters? We can save the people on Mars. We can touch these lives. Alad V is horrible thing and he will get his just reward soon Tenno. 

We can show the Grineer that the slavery, the oppression, it ends. We will no longer suffer our Solar System to sit under their tyranny.

If people sacrifices their Freedom for a temporary Security, then there's no sense on what they are fighting for.

But I side the Corpus. That Quadrupedal Proxie is too damn sexy.

You seem to forget that if the Corpus win, Alad V will use the Tenno for his secret weapons project. Who ever said this won't lead to oppression by the Corpus? I rather save some Tenno who help me crushing both sides than neglecting them for a million lives...because said million lives will be lost later on anyway, along with the Tenno if the Corpus win.

You can't just say "X is Y, A is B". Both are equally as hard, for different reasons.