Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven questions

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

1- What are god rolls? Heard they are just a roll that the buyer thinks it's perfect, that it doesnt really mean it's the best of best roll, or do they follow certain stats like having -impact?

2-. if it's because it follows certain stats then for example my ooltha riven is a god roll or at least a good roll? ooltha riven: +electricity, +crit damage and - impact

3- Does the disposition determine the price? 

4- Does the weapon determine the price?

5- Is there people who prefer quality of life stats on rivens than damage increasing stats?

Sorry for the questions, but i get confused by the riven market and how prices range from 20 plat to 5k plat.

5 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

1- What are god rolls? Heard they are just a roll that the buyer thinks it's perfect, that it doesnt really mean it's the best of best roll, or do they follow certain stats like having -impact?

Rolls that give you the best 3 stats for the weapon and a negative that either does nothing to the weapon like -zoom or a negative that is beneficial like -impact on weapons that would like to have the impact removed like say a Fang Prime

36 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

2-. if it's because it follows certain stats then for example my ooltha riven is a god roll or at least a good roll? ooltha riven: +electricity, +crit damage and - impact

2 positives, 1 thats not the greatest (electric) is nowhere near a god roll

37 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

3- Does the disposition determine the price? 

No, but people only ever buy rivens for weapons that they like and whos disposition isnt in the crapper (or for stat sticks)

38 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

4- Does the weapon determine the price?

See above

38 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

5- Is there people who prefer quality of life stats on rivens than damage increasing stats?

I usually try to get combo duration or attack speed on melee rivens to make replacing Drifting contact or berserker simple. Guns i usually try to get an element to replace a 6060, or pure damage to replace vigilante armaments.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Sorry for the questions, but i get confused by the riven market and how prices range from 20 plat to 5k plat.

Thats cause the riven market...
2yqtsx.jpg

you got a really good reply from mrcloud

i can give you a more precise answer to this question

15 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

there aren't many such stats actually so your question addresses a very narrow set of scenarios

on melee weapons, a lot of people want combo duration on a riven; that's really the only QoL melee stat

non non-melee: QoL stats are stats found on exilus mods (they're sometimes called exilus stats for this reason)

the only relevant exilus stats in general are -recoil and +projectile speed

• a bad stat like zoom isn't a QoL stat, it's just a bad stat
  • another exilus stat is +ammo maximum but it's a worthless stat on pretty much all guns

on shotguns projectile speed is objectively a good stat to have on a riven, and can significantly impact damage (so it isn't really a QoL stat here), but people don't really want it

objectively, wanting a -recoil or +projectile speed riven is a massive waste of potential as you can dedicate the exilus slot for the exilus stat you want; if you have an exilus stat on the riven then you're left with an empty exilus slot which you can only fill with another exilus mod, and there's no need for that in 100% of cases (any weapon generally needs just one exilus mod to make it's QoL good)

most people understand this simple logic, so people who want exilus stats on a riven are really rare, but they exist, i've met a few

for example, a guy wouldn't buy my catchmoon +dmg +ms -impact because he wanted +projectile flight speed +multishot, saying how that's the god roll

note: reload speed and magazine size aren't QoL stats, they are damage stats

generally people don't want these stats either, but there are some very specific instances where these stats are good (still, few people know about them)

hace 7 horas, McCIoud dijo:

Thats cause the riven market..

Yeah, but either if it was removed or changed it would be too late, since so many people have invested on rivens, paying high amounts of platinum (it wouldn't affect me since i haven't bought anything and the only rivens i've sold were cheap rivens), and they would probably riot against DE. I don't like it either,

hace 7 horas, McCIoud dijo:

2 positives, 1 thats not the greatest (electric) is nowhere near a god rol

In game someone told me something similar when i tried selling it for 50plat. He told it would sell for hundreds but i didn't believe him, since i saw semlar's riven guide and the highest price there is 150 pl. So i thought 50 pl would be okay.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

On 2020-10-17 at 5:07 PM, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

...since i saw semlar's riven guide and the highest price there is 150 pl...

the numbers on that site don't mean what you think they mean. they aren't indicators of market value of any particular roll. you should take a good look at what kind of information is actually displayed on semlar.com

you can use riven.market for pricing, that site can actually give you some indication of the price of a particular roll

hace 2 horas, Traubenzuckr dijo:

the numbers on that site don't mean what you think they mean. they aren't indicators of market value of any particular roll. you should take a good look at what kind of information is actually displayed on semlar.com

you can use riven.market for pricing, that site can actually give you some indication of the price of a particular roll

i know, and just recently while reading another thread i discovered  riven.market.

I'll probably just sell it for 50pl or trade it for something useful if i'm lucky

Archived