The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Fair Lot Of Nova's Blowing [Faction] Up Nowadays O.0

NetSlayer

Not a nerf thread.

Concerning the Event.

I notice I can run in and get maybe 1-2 kills before a Nova will clear the entire room.

Each run I enter, a Nova is present.

Nova's dominate this event (in numbers). I'm not saying they are OP. I'm saying this event is very well suited for them. 

Post molecular prime the AI also become incredibly lost as their targets instantly dissappear. They do not seem to want to advance... probably because they were blinded. xD

Anyone else noticing this also?

On a side note, I'm slightly concerned for new players. Had a new guy join with us today 2 nova's and myself (ASH) and he got no kills. (I got <15, Nova's each got near 60-75).

There's large rooms but the factions do not use all of the space up. Making [Molecular prime] and [World on fire] combo a very popular combo.  >.<

Affinity is falling like rain.  The only new players I worry about are the ones trying to rambo up and dieing.

I played one mission with my 30-potato'd some forma'd gear and realized the way it is set up I should be leveling new stuff.  I think a lot of people are doing that now as I see a lot of weird weapon combinations.  I'm fine doing 11% of the damage for now, i'm still trying to kill stuff and play smart, unless the whole team rushes past a scorch and napalm, then using my CC's.

I think for a lot of people as long as everything in front of us dies quickly, doesn't matter how or who killed it.  But that is just what I think I'm seeing.  A few people are going to complain about not getting the kill themselves or certain frames dominating but meh... if they want to feel better by doing all the damage themselves play solo or with a private group.

Edited by Wahooo

>plays a co-op game in which all exp and rewards are shared

>complains other people are taking all the kills

sometimes when you play for fun, not xp or rewards.

get to have fun killing one guy then go "oh..." as the cluster of advancing [FACTION] detonates...

Yeah it's pretty terrible for newbies to have those "no kills today" feels... I hope they're not discouraged to keep playing. The flip side is most of them figure out how to get more kills, by becoming better players.

hmm...

If by becoming better players you mean getting a Nova and slowly erasing all other frames, then yes, the newbies certainly are learning. At least according to the ever-growing number of Novas I see.

I sold mine because it got boring, but I think for many people the ability to explode everything with little effort outweighs the fact that you're barely playing.

My last game was 2 novas, a rhino, and me on trinity.

Rhino and Nova are the only frames I've seen so far in game.

My first run was Rhino and Strwaith.

Since then i've been running with a R11 Nyx and a R7 Boltor.  Upto I think 22 on each now.

I've seen more diversity today than last night actually.

If by becoming better players you mean getting a Nova and slowly erasing all other frames, then yes, the newbies certainly are learning. At least according to the ever-growing number of Novas I see.

I sold mine because it got boring, but I think for many people the ability to explode everything with little effort outweighs the fact that you're barely playing.

Lol. I won't disagree with you about that. Statistically speaking Nova is my "favorite" frame according to in game stats. I do Prime, but don't spam it, because it's not fair to take all the kills away from team mates like a dog marking its territory. Like pretty much any frame I play #4 is a panic button for when I or my teammates are overwhelmed, or before I step in to revive someone.

I ran into the very same discussion with a newbie running a Loki the other day. He asked me if Nova was good. I told him the truth and said yes, but he should get a Rhino first, because (in my opinion) Rhino is just a great frame for all occasions and for solo'ing if need be. But yes, there's this culture of Nova, Soma, Acrid, Galatine and it seems like 1/2 of the players in game are using this combo simply because they don't know any better.

=/

le meme arrows xDD

it was an IRC imitation before it was a meme thing. (was used to more or less talk about a story in the third AND first person)

same reason twitter uses hash tags when the english language (including symbols) does not actually have a hash in it.

the hash tag symbol is more commonly known as the pound symbol (unless you're british then its a hash). its secondary function is the number sign, usually implying quantity.

Edited by Zhoyzu

I noticed that as Nova, I get the stink eye if I MPrime large groups of enemies. But as Volt, doing the same thing, no one has ever complained. And for this event, I Overload all the Corpus just to get through it quickly. No one bats an eye at Volt. 

I just leave this here :O

fluszvv.jpg

obviously highest damage is either Rhino or Nova but Y my excalibur haz moar kills D:

zGsEtOr.jpg

The best solution is to bring your biggest weapons with teh most forma ftw to murder dem corpies in seconds.

Then Nova will just stare in awe.

Edited by fatpig84

it was an IRC imitation before it was a meme thing. (was used to more or less talk about a story in the third AND first person)

same reason twitter uses hash tags when the english language (including symbols) does not actually have a hash in it.

the hash tag symbol is more commonly known as the pound symbol (unless you're british then its a hash). its secondary function is the number sign, usually implying quantity.

sure, but that wasn't the context of his use of them

I noticed that as Nova, I get the stink eye if I MPrime large groups of enemies. But as Volt, doing the same thing, no one has ever complained. And for this event, I Overload all the Corpus just to get through it quickly. No one bats an eye at Volt.

Yeah that's true too. All the heat is on Nova. lol. No one says anything when someone spams Ember, Mag, etc. As it's been said many times before. It's really not the frames and just the players.