Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best frames for solo tridolons

RGZephyrus

Question

3 answers to this question

Volt is fast, but other Warframes like Trinity are safe.
Oberon can offer the Lures some Armor which with good Strength can help too, and also can bring a Damage buff. something like a halfway point between Volt and Trinity - far less protection for the Lures than Trinity and significantly less Damage than Volt (plus no Shield phase speedup). but offers some of both.

with Helminth you can make a safe Warframe still do fairly good Damage, so that can help smooth out the choice for Players that are less confident.

Unairu and Vazarin can help protect Lures, though you obviously sacrifice considerable Shield Damage in order do so. but, it'll definitely be a lot safer.

also, you can use Ancient Specters to absorb some Damage - though they tend to die in one or two cycles so you'd potentially need a dozen or more per Eidolon Hunt.

Fast = Safe.

If your lures are dying you aren't going fast enough. You should not be losing lures to Gantulyst. If they are taking damage from energy pillar, that is a serious positional error on your part. The visual tell for energy pillar is on the ground, so if you see a light patch on the ground, you need to pre-emptively move away from it and drag the lures with you so they don't get hit by the pillar.

If the lures are dying to star prism, you are taking too long. If you do your shield phases fast enough, the Gantulyst will not have the opportunity to star prism at all.

The reason Volt can kill eidolons fast is because Electric Shield gives a 2x crit multiplier to your amp. When combined with void strike (VS), it halves the amount of VS you need to one shot eidolon shields. My guess is you are not managing VS properly and when you run out of it, you are not shooting using the correct sequence of propas/raplaks.

Assuming you have Madurai Void Strike, 177 amp and Virtuos Shadow, you need 9x VS to 1 shot Hydrolyst's 50% shield. Best case scenario is you 2 shot the 100% lake shield and shoot the shoulder synovia with your gun. This leaves you with 5 stacks which you can potentially one shot 3x 50% shields. So in the optimal scenario, you only need to do 2x 50% shields with no VS. Because Propa has 80% crit chance with Virtuos Shadow, this is not always going to happen. Most of the time I don't get this lucky so I run out of VS much sooner. Sometimes I get very unlucky and burn all my VS on the 100% lake shield and the 1st 50% shield so I have to do 4 shields with no VS.

If you do not have any VS stacked, you double tap Propa and then shoot Raplak at the head until you proc Virtuos Shadow. You can shoot Raplak up to 6 times before you deplete your amp energy.  If you triple tap Propa, you can only shoot Raplak twice before depleting your amp energy. When soloing you will lean heavily on Raplak if you get Propa non crits.  It has innately higher crit chance and much better ammo economy. Since Virtuos Shadow has a 40% proc rate, it is unlikely you will consistently get Shadow proc in 2 hits.

It is extremely important that you crit so you need that Shadow buff. If you don't crit, you will not get the 2x crit multiplier from Electric Shield. Also, amp non crits are about 4 to 5 times smaller than crits anyway. So in total, not critting means you will do on the order of 10 times less damage.

If you fall into this pattern of shooting without Virtuos Shadow up, your crit rate on Propa goes from 80% to 50%. Instead of 1 every 5 shots not critting (on average), it becomes 1 every 2 shots. Half the time, your shield phases will take ages. The eidolon will walk and attack and this is how your lures take damage vs gantulyst.

This also applies vs Hydrolyst because the lures will take constant damage from lightning storms. Hydrolyst also has mechanics that punish you for going slow. It will periodically spawn purple portals which give vomvalysts damage immunity. Vomvalysts then trigger eidolon shield regeneration. If you go fast you can ignore this mechanic. If you are not fast enough, you have to shoot the portals to make the voms vulnerable and then kill the voms to stop shield regen.

It is easy to slip into a bad cycle where you get bad crit RNG and blow all your VS on the lake shield. Then you fumble your shooting order so the remaining shield phases take too long. The eidolon walks and spawns purple portals. You need to shoot these and then kill the voms and it can become a losing battle where you spend more time dealing with shield regen mechanics than shooting the Hydrolyst. The fight takes ages and the lures die to lightning storm attrition.

You can solve all lure management problems by doing the fight faster. I do not recommend soloing using Vazarin just to keep the lures alive, at least not on Volt as the lack of VS will negate Volt's main strength - fast solo shield phases. If you want to map out a solo strat that doesn't rely on VS, then Vazarin has its place but it will be much slower than Madurai Void Strike + Electric Shield. In this case, the lures are dying because you are not executing on Volt consistently or quickly enough. Fix the speed/consistency of execution and you solve the problem of lures needing healing in the first place.

I use Oberon prime, although mine has considerable investment just cause he's my favourite frame. I don't have a too high focus investment yet but I'm slowly getting there. 

Starting off I used the 111 amp, the most basic amp from quills after the mote amp. I used to be able to do a teralyst and a gantulyst in roughly half an hour, 25 minutes on a good day. Recently I upgraded to the 777 amp from little duck in fortuna. With the virtuous strike arcane the primary fire takes the shields down relatively quickly, nothing record breaking but quick enough. I can currently do a full trido+teralyst and gantulyst in one night cycle, with more experience I'll get faster I'm sure. Been doing it solo since I started. 

My loadout is Oberon prime, Lanka and the sarpa gunblade with the shattering impact mod. 

If you'd like the builds lmk, or even contact me in-game on PC if I'm online. 

Archived