Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox's mend and overshield

(PSN)Etheral_Synergy

During mend enemies killed grant shields, this can be given as overshield. when recast mend restores health and shields to their max but does not add to overshield. It seems like a small thing but would be great if the recast affected overshield. especially with how high the stack on mend can go and how it means nothing when cast cause it's usually higher than mas health and shields of anyone you're playing with.

would just be a nice little change if the mend cast could fill overshield that'd give night form a tiny victory for once in a world full of day forms lol

Dunno, Mend is already a full heal (usually), that seems decent enough to be worth using,
and similarly, gaining Overshields from kills while Mend is active gives you a nice bonus / further reason to have your Energy drained,
adding Overshield generation to the "unleash" part would kinda make that while-active functionality (feel) redundant.

Mind, I'm certainly not against a Mend buff or twenty, but if anything on Night form needs that, I'd say it's Pacify.

Rather than an enemy debuff, make the damage reduction a Squad buff, with no (or at least less) falloff.
Because lol debuffing bosses and stuff, where you'd need damage reduction the most,
plus there's the whole enhanced enemy engagement ranges nowadays (lol pacifying stuff in Free Roam).

As for how the Energy cost would work then, I guess you could make it similar to Provoke,
only drain 3 (or so) Energy when an ally in range gets hit, with a limit of 1 drain instance per second? Something like that.

Also, the Augment. Have the stored up values persist when you switch forms, so that when you e.g. switch from Night to Day then back to Night,
your Augment'd Pacify stacks from before will still be there, you won't have to go through the (literal) pain to get them back each time.
(Or, maybe simply fuel the Augment on both forms by both taking damage and killing. Or whatever, just help Pacify out here. Please.)

Archived