Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Language and server

cocobunana2

Question

Does changing the language at the game launcher changes the in-game server as well?

From what I gathered, changing the language at the launcher changes the region chat, relay, and some other stuff (hubs of the open world?)

I switch my language at the launcher to simplified Chinese just so I could read the asterisk. It kinda sucks because I prefer English. Will I still be able to play with players who chose English at the launcher?

And what does the in-game "region" setting does? Does it only change the region chat server?

3 answers to this question

Language is different from server because you can always switch your server by changing the region on your setting. Random sessions are also determined by your server of choice too so you're free to use whatever language you want as the only thing that changing a language does is showing a certain alphabetic characters from certain language.

17 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

What do you mean by "read the asterisk"? If you are talking about reading text that triggeres the in-game chat filter, than you can disable that in the settings.

Some other language that uses other alphabetic characters other than english would be shown as asterisks, hence why OP wanted to change language setting to be able to read chinese characters in-game.

Archived