Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana - New Arcanes Megathread

SilverBones

Started using a Theorem Demulcent/Residual Viremia set-up, I'm absolutely disappointed that it can't be prolongued when15 stacks is reached. Having to keep building stacks over and over again in a fast-paced game is utterly pointless, its just adding extra little things to micromanage, so whilst I'm running around chasing fart clouds for a damage boost some Elitist speed-run cretin is talking sh*t in chat. Its just not compatible with Warframe gameplay as it stands.

• 8 months later...

Hi there!

I didn't want to create a new thread, hence getting back to this one. So I thought about testing this stuff out quite recently, totally out of curiosity and sadly I probably found the same problems as the above Tenno. I will focus on Theorem Infection:

Indicators: 'Duration Can Refresh'
Arcane description (at Rank 5): Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of Companions and summoned Allies within 90m by 24%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 20s upon leaving the zone.

• Stacking up 2 different residual elementals (e.g. Electricity + Toxin) seems to be working, but the buff icon will show the latest proc (as it is the same icon)
    • How to: Stand inside 2 different residuals (zones) at once and you will see 2 different xN values with each proc (N = number of stacks).
    • Conclusion: Most likely this mechanic was not intended at all, hence "these arcanes (should) work in tandem" - too bad, honestly. This could be a complete game changer for each Warframe that has summoning ability like Nekros or Caliban. Summoned specters would have a purpose, heck even Wukong's Twin and Khora's Venari benefit from it!
  • Duration of the effect at x15 stacks will refresh inside the zone that gave us the last stack, but once that residual effect ends, new zone (cloud, circle, you name it) will not refresh the timer.
    • Conclusion: Broken refresh upon entering new residual zone.

If it is not possible to fix it in its current state, maybe lets take the other way around?

Kitguns are pretty powerful, especially with Weapon Arcanes, making them the only guns that can use 2 arcanes at once (Pax/Residual+Weapon Arcane). Pax Seeker has probably ingrained itself amongst Kitgun users at the moment and until Residuals and Theorems are fixed/improved it will stay that way (forever?).

Lets say that Residual Arcanes instead of spawning a zone, will have a chance of creating some kind of pick-ups just like Unairu Wisp does. Make it into a form of an energy of sort and Theorem Arcane could make a link between the player and a said pick-up. If you increase the timer to something in between 30-40 seconds, leave max stacks at x15, this might work just fine and all the Necromancers, Spectremancers, Twinmancers and Sentimancers all around the globe will be happy!

Archived