Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigma & Octantis bug

MrSteff

As the title says the melee isn't working as intended, on any stance combo except ground slam you do a normal basic attack for no reason, even while slideing you hit a normal strike first and than slide if you have the chance, also when doing ground slam you throw your shield which as with the first attack normaly it staggers the movement and keeps you locked longer than expected, that's about all I could find about it everything else works fine after the first hit altho it happent once where after a ground slam I could only do a normal hit, I couldn't continue any combos it was just the 1 normal hit but aside from that nothing else wierd.

Thank you for reading all this and I'm sry if I wrote any words incorrectly.

I am encountering this exact problem too. I tested out other weapons including a silva and aegis to see if it was a mechanical or software issue on my end. Instead, the sigma and octantis specifically is doing what the OP described for me too, and NOT the silva and aegis. Additionally, after playing a few missions to observe more of the phenomenon I noticed that one press of the melee attack button yielded two attacks as if I had pressed the button twice. First a shield bash, then whatever slash corresponds to whatever other button combination I was using, but always two for one button press. So say I want to perform Diamond Deus and press once on the melee attack button in combination with the block/ aim button. With the silva and aegis, Diamond Deus is performed as intended. With the sigma and octantis, a shield bash leads, then the shield is thrown with only one press of the button. This doesn't sound like a problem, but when I'm trying to be a space ninja and use specific combos for a given group of enemies, I'd rather not shield bash before every melee attack. An additional and even worse part of this phenomenon that I encountered is that if I pressed the melee button too quickly in a small time period, I seemed to "exhaust" my character and they would stop performing combinations beyond the shield bash. I couldn't use a slide attack, ground slam, air attack, normal attacks, or charge attacks at all and only after using my primary or secondary weapons for a while would this "exhaustion" lift and I could perform combos again, but still leading with the shield bash at the start of every combo.

I'd also like to add that on top of the bugs mentioned above, I'm also experiencing an inability to perform a Heavy Attack on the ground with the Sigma and Octantis. Tested with no stance, then Eleventh Storm, and also Final Harbinger. Heavy Slam Attacks work fine though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having with the same issues lately as mentioned with the Sigman and Octantis. The problems are the exact same with stance usage, slide attack, and slamming to the ground. I've been having these for almost a month, but i thought it was fixable issue on my end, so, i looked around, and i found out here, it is not. So, i'd like to further adress on this problem in order to be seen. I know this is not a huge problem compared to the game-breaking bugs, but when your favourite weapon is not working as intended it could lead some minor issues.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived