Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When was warframe good? Or Warframe: Beyond the light.

T1Fu

Only read page 1, but my personal reply, after playing to MR27, and got my 1000 day login reward recently:

Warframe is still good. There is plenty of room for improvement, and I'll constantly point that out because I want the game to get better.

I play hardcore casual. (I'm serious when I'm playing, but I don't live/breath/eat/sleep Warframe.) Since I started playing just about the time of the release of Plains of Eidolon, and haven't consumed all the content there is to be had, there is always something for me to be doing. I still have personal goals. I enjoy the act of playing the game, the freedom of movement, the power fantasy of wiping out hordes of enemies. I cannot play games like Destiny after playing Warframe, as it feels like I have ten ton weights on my legs and I'm trudging through a swamp, while RUNNING... it's so slow and horrible everywhere else.

I don't view the 220 nodes, 3 open worlds and tons of farming as a huge gate to new players... it's tons of content for them to explore and frames/weapons to try out. Sure, a ton of weapons are garbage just for mastery rank. I guess it depends on what it means to you to be at a level of play that is acceptable. Do you think a newbie NEEDS to clear the star chart, get MR27+, etc, just to be at an acceptable level, or can they be MR16, have a favorite frame with a reactor and loadout with catalysts, and just play for fun, catching up on 7+ years of content? I guess that's what it boils down to: what "minimum bar" are you aiming for, to play with others and have fun?

When I get tired of playing Warframe (it happens), I play other games. Right now, I'm also playing Marvel's Avengers with a group of friends, and when solo, I'm dabbling in Genshin Impact (not a great game, but a good free diversion.)

One of the biggest things I hate about many Free-2-play games in general, is their insistent desire for you to play them every single day, and only them. If I feel forced into it (like Destiny and Genshin Impact) I feel less inclined to play those games... and Warframe's Nightwave as initially launched was severely in this camp... which is why I pushed back against it as hard as I could on the forums. Their inability to keep to their initial launch expectations of 10 week periods where you need to do so much of it to complete it, pushing them into 6 month long periods, has given me a huge sigh of relief, and kept Nightwave from ruining Warframe for me. (I'm likely to quit Genshin Impact as soon as I finish its story.)

So, as long as you have fun playing, don't no-life your progress in Warframe, and you should be golden. There's plenty to do, the gameplay is fast and fun, and the visuals are unique. I don't know of any other game that brings to life the flowing, swirling combat style of the twin bladed polearm as well as Warframe (Tera actually comes close!) and that alone is enough to keep me playing.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The original vision afaik is what they are working hard on now with trying to get Railjack into the game as a whole. It just wasnt possible back then to turn the vision to life, which makes it feel comforting, that they havent given up on their old idea after this many year. They've held on to it, and now when it is possible, try to implement it into the game. That imo shows passion that is rarely seen elsewhere.

It is a beautiful heartwarming feel to see passion but rushing it or executing it horribly will push away players, they should take their time with updates and listen to more criticism from players (especially vets).

Archived