Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Chance To Make It Right

AladV

Oh, Alad. I had high hopes for you and your people. I even fought for you on a few occasions. But alas, the gods of the Sol system would never allow you to win. No, they had plans for the Grineer from the very beginning of this foolish conflict. Such a shame. This could have been interesting, had the gods not interfered.

Toilet face, stop trying to persuade us to abandon our kin. If it were my decision, both of you would receive a good ol' slug in the back of the head, but the Lotus words stand. If you want me and my fellow operatives help, you better give us info on what you are planning to do with the Tenno, and give us your technology, since you want ours so bad.

Give us all the Tenno Pods and we will stop helping the Grineer and let you take your system back.

Thats the only option.

-Grand Admiral Mak Gohae of the Grineer Tenno Forces.

He said everithing give the teeno pods back and I will make missions for you afther this war. --Fantom7 renegade warframe

Overall, the event has been fun for me, and getting the missions done at a steady tick hasn't been a hassle.

I do agree with players about:

1) The lack of in-depth event lore

2) Only 1 map/tile-set. Would have preferred 2-4.

3) No bosses on either side (as mentioned by others)

Events and the cash shop are bread and butter for Free-To-Play games.e.g. Runes of Magic.

DE needs to assemble a qualified "Event Team" to plan out and schedule events, thus taking on the burden of conceptualization for special content.

This will free up the Devs from having to design stuff from scratch, and thus not leading to hastily put together single-map events. 

There are two tile sets actually. 

One through an asteroid, the other directly into a corpus ship. 

Lack of in depth event lore? This is the most lore for an event we've had so far. Enough to spark people creating Ruk and alad account just to banter with each other on the forums! 

And this is a test run for the mission type essentially. Bosses might be added later.

We shouldn't need any convincing to fight for the Corpus fellow Tenno. In the short-term yes, he may kill many of our hibernating kind. But in the long-term, that is a small number compared to what the Grineer will do to our race as a whole. We must sacrifice the few to save the many. And all though we may not be on the best of terms with Grineer nor the Corpus. Any kind of enslavement of a race is wrong and the Corpus should be set free of the oppression the Grineer have forced upon them. And by freeing them, we may make it easier for others to escape the hold of the Grineer as well. 

Those of you backing the Corpus aren't thinking about this long term.  If you back the Corpus, it costs the Tenno strength in the long run because of the cryopods that the Corpus will retain.  If we retrieve the cryopods, then colonists will suffer in the short term, but in the long term we will be in a better position to battle the Grineer and the Corpus alike.

There are two tile sets actually. 

One through an asteroid, the other directly into a corpus ship. 

Point is, not enough variety as of yet. Obviously if such were proceduraly generated like other mission tile-sets, would be more interesting. 

Lack of in depth event lore? This is the most lore for an event we've had so far. Enough to spark people creating Ruk and alad account just to banter with each other on the forums! 

Doubt it's the "most lore", but will grant you that, however it's still skimpy..lot of missing bits, and obviously more questions for lore nerds :P

As far as Ruk and Alad accounts go, that's DE I believe. Forums does not allow for Custom Avatars, merely those provided in-game via DE :)

And this is a test run for the mission type essentially. Bosses might be added later.

Thing with the bosses is, that they are tied specifically to the tile-sets on those planets. The bosses have pathing, animation sets, procs, and obstacle collision detection specific to the maps they're placed on.

Allowing for them to be free-ranging during Invasion missions will require a lot of T&M effort, so don't think we'll be seeing bosses on these mission types anytime soon.

Overall, thanks for your insight and appreciate the discussion :D

We shouldn't need any convincing to fight for the Corpus fellow Tenno. In the short-term yes, he may kill many of our hibernating kind. But in the long-term, that is a small number compared to what the Grineer will do to our race as a whole. We must sacrifice the few to save the many. And all though we may not be on the best of terms with Grineer nor the Corpus. Any kind of enslavement of a race is wrong and the Corpus should be set free of the oppression the Grineer have forced upon them. And by freeing them, we may make it easier for others to escape the hold of the Grineer as well. 

Against Tenno, and in the narrow confines of their ships...the Grineer numbers count for nothing. 

Loyalty is the first duty of a soldier.

Those of you backing the Corpus aren't thinking about this long term.  If you back the Corpus, it costs the Tenno strength in the long run because of the cryopods that the Corpus will retain.  If we retrieve the cryopods, then colonists will suffer in the short term, but in the long term we will be in a better position to battle the Grineer and the Corpus alike.

Yesh, agreed.

Point is, not enough variety as of yet. Obviously if such were proceduraly generated like other mission tile-sets, would be more interesting. 

Doubt it's the "most lore", but will grant you that, however it's still skimpy..lot of missing bits, and obviously more questions for lore nerds :P

As far as Ruk and Alad accounts go, that's DE I believe. Forums does not allow for Custom Avatars, merely those provided in-game via DE :)

Thing with the bosses is, that they are tied specifically to the tile-sets on those planets. The bosses have pathing, animation sets, procs, and obstacle collision detection specific to the maps they're placed on.

Allowing for them to be free-ranging during Invasion missions will require a lot of T&M effort, so don't think we'll be seeing bosses on these mission types anytime soon.

Overall, thanks for your insight and appreciate the discussion :D

Can you tell me what event has had more back story than this one? 

I've yet to see one with dialogues between in game characters like this, or the lines Alad and Ruk say in missions.  

DE can still be a fan of their own game, I'd say that the creation of the Alad and Ruk accounts were decided on a fan level.  

The boss is just a character model though, like any other enemy. Like the enemies put into this tileset. I don't see how it would be so difficult to modify a generic crewman or lancer's pathing to create a boss'. Not to say we need the bosses to do all their special attacks right away. just make them a beefier more aggressive crewman/lancer. I suppose if you wanted the boss to remain near a group of tenno that would require a lot more difficulty, but the idea has probably been thought about already. The two heads of each army fighting each other in one final battle, pretty much how the civil war in skyrim plays out, or Yoda fighting Palpatine. It's almost to the point of cliche.

Can you tell me what event has had more back story than this one? 

I've yet to see one with dialogues between in game characters like this, or the lines Alad and Ruk say in missions.  

Couple of scripted side-bar dialogues qualify as "lore"? There is a distinction between "lore" and "dialogue". Furthermore, Alad V and Ruk address the Tenno, not each other.

The Sling-Stone Event for one, had decent lore, as did Operation Arid Fear. Both entailed expansion by the various factions, with insight into the major players, motivations, and the pure hatred each faction had for the other.

Those events set up this event, where Corpus and Grineer have had enough of each other, thus going head-to-head and hiring Tenno as mercs.

DE can still be a fan of their own game, I'd say that the creation of the Alad and Ruk accounts were decided on a fan level.  

You're deviating from the initial premise, (i.e. you thought players created said Alad V and Ruk accounts), and went on a tangential hyperbole about DE and projecting that I implied they couldn't be "a fan of their own game".

The boss is just a character model though, like any other enemy. Like the enemies put into this tileset. I don't see how it would be so difficult to modify a generic crewman or lancer's pathing to create a boss'. Not to say we need the bosses to do all their special attacks right away. just make them a beefier more aggressive crewman/lancer. I suppose if you wanted the boss to remain near a group of tenno that would require a lot more difficulty, but the idea has probably been thought about already. The two heads of each army fighting each other in one final battle, pretty much how the civil war in skyrim plays out, or Yoda fighting Palpatine. It's almost to the point of cliche.

You may think it isn't difficult, but it is, and requires extra man-hours, which DE can't allocate resources for in light of the PS4 date.

As far as bosses fighting each other "to the point of cliche", I fail to see how you can take a righteous stance against tropes that are the staple of those games you've played, movies you've watched, and Warframe.

Those tropes sell, and sate the fanbase/community, otherwise you wouldn't be here. Instead you would be in in CoD or BF4.

Fantasy/Sci-Fi games will always have the head to head collision of factions with their respective bosses. It portrays an epic scale of conflict, that rouses the leaders of each faction enough to participate on the front lines.

Who doesn't want that?

The Grineer are overall a much bigger threat than the Corpus right now, and even if we did help the Grineer, which is happening anyway, do you really think that they would give the pods to us? Its what they've been fighting over from the start. That, and at the rate this will be going, the Corpus wont be much more than 2 or 3 merchants scattered around the galaxy, leaving the Grineer to focus on us instead of dividing their forces between the us and the Corpus. And if we have only been fighting the Grineer at half strength up until now, imagine what they can do at full.

Support the Grineer and save maybe a few Tenno, support Corpus save thousands. Hmmm. Which do you think is better? I do not see the benefit of allying myself with the Grineer, since all they'll do is hunt us down once they get what we want. The Corpus do not hunt us, at least not as viciously as the Grineer. The Grineer rewards are worthless anyway. Those who ally with the Grineer are traitors.

The Grineer  want to Hunt down every tenno because they know that we are the only one that can crush their tyranny, We Must not allow Grineer to make themself strongers..... Grineer armored bodies will be nothing to me Brand New Flux Rifle. Ofcourse this is but temporary. Corpus will fall but now is not the moment