Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice on a Riven for Fragor

Master_Of_Puppies_Prime

Question

I could use some advice from seasoned players on a Fragor Riven that I have.  I'm moderately new to the game and haven't implemented Rivens in weapon builds before so this is new territory for me.

The Riven in question, at MR15, would have these stats:

Fragor Paracron
+202.8% Critical Chance
+29.2 Initial Combo

My questions are: should I keep it as is or should I try to roll for better/different stats?

Should I go for Crit Damage since the Fragor Prime already has a high Crit chance?

Since the Fragor Prime already has an innate Initial Combo Count of 30, is the additional Initial Combo stat very beneficial? The heavy attack is incredibly slow without speed mods.

6 answers to this question

Well, depends on what you want to build it for.

If you want to make it for heavy attacks, you're correct that it does not need additional initial combo. The fact that this riven would give it a initial combo multiplier of x3 means that all your heavy attacks do x3 damage, which is incredible for a build like this! If I had this riven, I'd keep it as is. Heavy attack speed is not increased by the usual attack speed mods, you'll need Amalgam Organ Shatter and/or Killing Blow.

Since the crit chance bonus on this riven is almost as good as that from Sacrificial Steel, it's up to you whether you want to the riven instead of that mod, or both for some insane crit chance.

If you want to use it for a more traditional fast attack or as a high damage finisher weapon, then I'd reroll it since initial combo is less useful for those roles.

So hammer weapons can hit hard, but slow. I use my fragor for stealth missions with Ivara and 1-hit enemies with finisher damage or slam. If this is going to be how to use your fragor, go for finisher damage (or normal damage) and ignore the speed. If you want to swing it around, go for speed.

2 hours ago, (NSW)OinTygon said:

Well, depends on what you want to build it for.

If you want to make it for heavy attacks, you're correct that it does not need additional initial combo. The fact that this riven would give it a initial combo multiplier of x3 means that all your heavy attacks do x3 damage, which is incredible for a build like this! If I had this riven, I'd keep it as is. Heavy attack speed is not increased by the usual attack speed mods, you'll need Amalgam Organ Shatter and/or Killing Blow.

Since the crit chance bonus on this riven is almost as good as that from Sacrificial Steel, it's up to you whether you want to the riven instead of that mod, or both for some insane crit chance.

If you want to use it for a more traditional fast attack or as a high damage finisher weapon, then I'd reroll it since initial combo is less useful for those roles.

Good info, thank you! I haven't even considered Amalgam Organ Shatter.

16 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

So hammer weapons can hit hard, but slow. I use my fragor for stealth missions with Ivara and 1-hit enemies with finisher damage or slam. If this is going to be how to use your fragor, go for finisher damage (or normal damage) and ignore the speed. If you want to swing it around, go for speed.

I typically run around spamming the melee button, that's why the initial combo bonus seems meh to me..

Another thing that's bugging me is that this Riven has only two stats, that's why I'm considering trying to re-roll it.  Or, are the two stats "stronger" because there's only two instead of three?

22 minutes ago, Master_Of_Puppies_Prime said:

Another thing that's bugging me is that this Riven has only two stats, that's why I'm considering trying to re-roll it.  Or, are the two stats "stronger" because there's only two instead of three?

I figured out that two buffs are indeed individually stronger than three buffs individually.  Here's another question: if I re-roll, are the buffs/curse completely random? or will it maintain two stats?

1 hour ago, RougeMagma said:

Always depends on your playstyle i have 2 fragor rivens and one is with pretty good crit chance + decent attack speed so can use it pretty similar to heavy blade but without slash xD.

But basically yeah fragor prime is super good for finishers and especially whew farming RJ intrinsic .

13 hours ago, Master_Of_Puppies_Prime said:

I'm going to say that 2 buffs have bigger number for each, but can't say if it means  better/worse than 3 buffs riven. The 2 buffs could be +80 and +80, and 3 buffs could be +60, +60, +60.

Archived