Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenge

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

Now that shield gating is a thing that makes the game fair and widens players options for endurance runs, i think DE should start implementing enemies that can work around the shield gating without being unfair to the player. 

Enemies should start using certain attacks that debuff the player's sheild gating ability by doing things like giving it a cooldown delay, ignoring it, or even something as insane as making the shield gate activation equal the death of the warframe.

Of course, in order to make these changes fair as in giving the player a way to survive, these enemies should come with some sort of way to notify the player of their presence and the attack their going to perform. This notification should range from being given ahead of time and only being activated once, to being given where a human's mind can barely (not completely) react to it and being given multiple notifications from different directions.

A player who performs all of these task should recieve a great deal of pleasure seeing their warframe achieve goals as if they were watching an epic combat movie thats designed to put a player at the edge of their seat

But i think it shouldnt stop there. You could make players feel even better by adding another challenge which would be defeating these enemies flawlessly. If the player can survive the stress you put them through, throwing them a treat such as allowing one of their abilities to kill enemies instantly for a short peirod of time could have them screaming out of satisfaction

Now missions could feel more like a fight and less of a farm

What do you guys think?

Personally, as much as i love challenge (SP, Arbies and Liches being the only missions i play), I really, really want my shield gating. Took us years to get it, and I dont wanna lose it. But that's just my opinion and take on this ^^

On another note, I wished more game modes/missions had the Arbitration revival mechanic. It's what keeps me tense and entertained in that game mode, and i love it (though at first the enemies are a little too easy, being only around lvl 60-70)

8 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Personally, as much as i love challenge (SP, Arbies and Liches being the only missions i play), I really, really want my shield gating. Took us years to get it, and I dont wanna lose it. But that's just my opinion and take on this ^^

On another note, I wished more game modes/missions had the Arbitration revival mechanic. It's what keeps me tense and entertained in that game mode, and i love it (though at first the enemies are a little too easy, being only around lvl 60-70)

I dont understand, you dont feel like shield gating is too op? (I asked for and still love shield gating too, before it was presented as an idea from DE. fyi)

Cause i didnt suggest enemies just remove your shield gate out of the blue like they do when damaging your warframe with hitscan weapons

8 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I dont understand, you dont feel like shield gating is too op?

Nah, I cant abuse it cause i aint THAT "smart" xD

My playstyle is more, "spectacle" rather than "practical".

If it feels and looks good, im all in.

If its strong and efficient, but does not look or feel good, then i aint using it ^^

Archived