Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mircophones

MetaGod-Sunstance

7 minutes ago, sunstance said:

The use of microphones in the game is extremely useful in gameplay .

It really isn't. I am not sure what content we have that would benefit from it.

But I have to hold the button down to keep talking, if I wish to. I don't remember if there is an option to toggle between push to talk, and push to toggle.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

It really isn't. I am not sure what content we have that would benefit from it.

Railjack and spy missions (effectively), since mission completion time is shorter the more competent the team is.

And generally, competent teammates will use voice chat, whether to chill around or to request something,

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Railjack and spy missions (effectively), since mission completion time is shorter the more competent the team is.

Neither of those strike me as something that benefits with the use of a voice chat. I usually find that a competent team doesn't need it. You might have found something different. OP's statement is that it is extremely useful, not just that people use it. You may need to read what we are talking about here again.

• Raids were the only thing I have ever found voice chat even remotely useful for in this game. And those are no longer in the game.
3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

And generally, competent teammates will use voice chat, whether to chill around or to request something,

I certainly use voice chat when playing with friends. I would say that we spend less than 5% of the time talking about the game. Competent teammates don't need the voice chat to benefit the mission. I will give you that it makes the mission more enjoyable (but that's more to do with taking the focus off the game).

Just my 2c:

I've never had in game voice chat be something useful. When playing with friends just use Discord, when playing with randoms there's usually no real reason to talk. 

In a public squad everyone knows the mission so, you just do the mission. If you need to tell someone something, 90% of the time the mission is so easy that you can stand still and type it out.

In predefined squad everyone's roles are discussed before the mission and no real comms needed in mission.

I've personally never used it before and only ever had another squad mate use it maybe twice in the 4 years I've been playing. Once by a person hotmicing and once by an enraged know-it-all that didn't like people not playing the way he wanted them to. Both in pubs.

Perhaps if game contents was more difficult or needed more active organization would voice chat be useful to more people.

It's great that you find it useful and I would never advocate for it to be removed, I just think currently it doesn't fit the community or gameplay. As mentioned above something like raids are most likely the only type of mission more people would be willing to use it(if they are willing to change after all the time they spent not using it).

Archived