The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

vermisplicer kitgun chamber not locking onto nullifier bubbles, aka it won't shrink the bubble

(PSN)some_dumb_kat

I did the sortie and on the 3rd one nullifiers showed up and when I shot at them with my vermisplicer kitgun it refused to lock on or damage the bubble, or any enemies inside the bubble. instead it locked onto the enemies outside the bubble, even going as far as going through the bubble to hit enemies behind it, it also appeared to lock onto the nullifier themselve and still did no damage. any chain from the kitgun also had zero effect on anything regarding the nullifier and their bubble till I destroyed their bubble by any other means.

11 hours ago, (PSN)some_dumb_kat said:

I did the sortie and on the 3rd one nullifiers showed up and when I shot at them with my vermisplicer kitgun it refused to lock on or damage the bubble, or any enemies inside the bubble. instead it locked onto the enemies outside the bubble, even going as far as going through the bubble to hit enemies behind it, it also appeared to lock onto the nullifier themselve and still did no damage. any chain from the kitgun also had zero effect on anything regarding the nullifier and their bubble till I destroyed their bubble by any other means.

I just did some testing in the Simulacrum using a Vermisplicer primary. One nullifier and the gun works normally - strips the bubble and kills the corpus. But as soon as there are two or more overlapping bubbles the weapon becomes useless and deals no damage. If anything the nullifier bubbles only get bigger - almost like it is doing negative damage.

I'm imagining you mean a secondary vermisplicer kitgun? they are very janky at the moment tbh, even with normal enemies in simulacrum if you aim at an enemy that has one behind it the beam will bypass the first target and hit the back one. The gun functions entirely differently against single enemies where it behaves like a phage as opposed to hoards where it behaves exclusively like the occucor's bonus beams but with no main beam which is also just significantly less damaging. might test to see if it is just ripped code from occucor actually, as that coding may be designed to avoid main crosshair target if there is a hoard due to the presence of a main beam already hitting them.

EDIT: After some testing it does seem to use if not identical very similar code on the ocucor bonus beams on the vermisplicer secondary just with a much narrower cone. While functional on the ocucor as there is a primary beam that attacks the main crosshair target while other beams attack targets you aren't this makes the secondary vermisplicer inconsistent. if there's an enemy within beam range behind your current target they will be bypassed completely as the code used thinks that front target doesn't need attacking as there should be a main beam doing that for it in its head. This testing was done with a love tap grip and no range mods, I dread how bad this issue would be with something like a gibber with significantly upped ranged for beams to lock on.

As for testing with the primary variant oddly it seems to lock onto the nullifier themself once a certain amount of the orb is depelted, linking to other enemies and damaging them while the nullifier remains immune to the beam despite them being locked on.

Archived