Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arsenal UI changes & Randomize button

MollAgdeduba

temp1234.png

https://ibb.co/vwLvx99

A simple idea for a faster arsenal and better enjoy the randomization function.

Let's explain my image:

-) The two tab i've circled in BLUE, could be merged in just one tab, like it was long time ago. Warframe and companion tab, one on the top of the other, will be less higher than the "veicle tab", and there will be more space in case in the future we will be able to equip more than 1 companion (maybe a kavat/kubrov and a sentinel together?) but this is another story....

-) The RED square i've painted near the warframe and weapon will be a "randomize button". If the button is "ON" in next mission and since you put "OFF", that type of equipment will be a random selection from the weapon in your inventory. [example: you can allow only for primary and secondary but not for melee, or just for warframe but not the weapon etc...]

-) The GREEN square i've painted near the warframe and weapon will be a "allow only favorite button". The button of course could be selected only if the RED one is already ON. If the GREEN button is "ON" the randomization is only between the equipment you have marked as "favorite". Of course must be implemented a way to set on each weapon/frame/etc if is fvorite or not. [example: if you randomize primary weapon and you have just 3 favourite (mk-1 braton, mk-1 strun and mk-1 paris), since green button is ON you primary will be a random from one of this 3 weapons.]

NOTE 1: The red and green button could also be implemented for other equipment like companion, companion weapons, archwnig, arch-weapons, etc.... etc....) 

NOTE 2: The red and green button should be visible only if the loadout setting has "randomize" on. Now ther's a randomize button, but is too generic and should be manually done every time. Change that with this could create a more enjoiable experience with randomization!

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

-) The two tab i've circled in BLUE, could be merged in just one tab, like it was long time ago. Warframe and companion tab, one on the top of the other, will be less higher than the "veicle tab", and there will be more space in case in the future we will be able to equip more than 1 companion (maybe a kavat/kubrov and a sentinel together?) but this is another story....

As a long time player (and i mean long) i disagree here. Its much better being seperated as it is now. That said, a small note below the parazon, even just as text, would be good so we could see at a glance whats equipped.

-) The RED square i've painted near the warframe and weapon will be a "randomize button". If the button is "ON" in next mission and since you put "OFF", that type of equipment will be a random selection from the weapon in your inventory. [example: you can allow only for primary and secondary but not for melee, or just for warframe but not the weapon etc...]

Dont think this is a good implimentation of the idea, though maybe a randomise buttom then picking weapons would be good.

-) The GREEN square i've painted near the warframe and weapon will be a "allow only favorite button". The button of course could be selected only if the RED one is already ON. If the GREEN button is "ON" the randomization is only between the equipment you have marked as "favorite". Of course must be implemented a way to set on each weapon/frame/etc if is fvorite or not. [example: if you randomize primary weapon and you have just 3 favourite (mk-1 braton, mk-1 strun and mk-1 paris), since green button is ON you primary will be a random from one of this 3 weapons.]

This is much the same as the last, not sure the implementation is good. Also the lack of the ability to manually 'favorite' a weapon makes it pointless (as currently your 'favorite' is based on playtime, which will often show old weapons from when the game was younger and there were less guns.)

The ability to mark favorites and a sort option for that would be good.

Overall the randomise wouldnt be great as shown, because its too close to the equip buttons. One slight missclick and youve got to fix your loadout.

16 hours ago, chaotea said:

[...]

(1) Dont think this is a good implimentation of the idea, though maybe a randomise buttom then picking weapons would be good.

(2) This is much the same as the last, not sure the implementation is good. Also the lack of the ability to manually 'favorite' a weapon makes it pointless (as currently your 'favorite' is based on playtime, which will often show old weapons from when the game was younger and there were less guns.)

(3)The ability to mark favorites and a sort option for that would be good.

(4) Overall the randomise wouldnt be great as shown, because its too close to the equip buttons. One slight missclick and youve got to fix your loadout.

1) Mine is just an idea, my goals is to see a decent and fast "randomize" function that is easy to use, so more people could enjoy and give to old data player some new experience when play regular mission, where no particular loadout is needed. 

2) Of course if a randomize using favourite should be implemented, they must also implement a way to mark what's your favorite and what is not.

3) Agree

4) 

18 hours ago, MollAgdeduba said:

NOTE 2: The red and green button should be visible only if the loadout setting has "randomize" on. Now ther's a randomize button, but is too generic and should be manually done every time. Change that with this could create a more enjoiable experience with randomization!

Sorry for bad quote and bad english =)

Archived