Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Give Each Side Their Weapons.

Oizen

When If grineer wins, give Grineer supporters the grineer weapons with a slot and potato

And give Corpus supporters the blueprint of the Corpus weapon.

and vice versa if Grineer stops being favored by the end of this.

Think that would make everyone happier.

Agreed. There have been many topics about this already, but DE just insists on "Oh, don't worry, we'll bring the other weapons back at a later date!".

I cannot think of a single situation in which that method would lead to more satisfying a result than simply giving players the weapons that they actually wanted.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm guessing DE assumed that by doing that there would be backlash over "so-and-so got a gun I didn't."

However, seeing the current backlash that is occurring before the event is even over, I would have to agree and say that they may want to re-think how they give out the rewards for Tier 3. I also know that they have never changed a reward setup for an event ever (at least to my knowledge), and my guess is that they will most likely just put both guns into the game within the coming months. Especially after the 100th "I want my Detron!!!!!" thread gets posted within the first 24 hours after the event ends.

Agreed. It doesn't really make sense to penalize players who fought for the losing faction for, literally, a week, by completely denying them the thing they fought for.

A BP for their faction's gun would be reasonable.

Edited by LostGryphon

Because it offers no incentives, no care about who wins the war?

With everybody getting the winner's weapon, it makes people actually care about who wins the war. If everybody got their own side's weapon at the end of the War, then it is "Meh I'll just do whatever gives me the best battle pay and on the last day I'll spam missions to get the majority whose weapons I want" rather than them caring about who wins.

I fight for Corpus and is does not look good at the moment. I don't care about the tier 3 weapon but if I had to choose I would pick the Corpus one.

However:

Agreed. It doesn't really make sense to penalize players who fought for the losing faction for, literally, a week, by completely denying them the thing they fought for.

A BP for their faction's gun would be reasonable.

It makes perfect sense that the loosing side gets a similar reward if any at all.
In what war did the loosing side get what they wanted?

If you are furious about Corpus loosing and you don't get their gun. How about go fight for them instead of lashing out at the DEs in this forum?
We need you to fight, not sit and talk.

Edited by Solution9

I fight for Corpus and is does not look good at the moment. I don't care about the tier 3 weapon but if I had to choose I would pick the Corpus one.

However:

It makes perfect sense that the loosing side gets a similar reward if any at all.

In what war did the loosing side get what they wanted?

If you are furious about Corpus loosing and you don't get their gun. How about go fight for them instead of lashing out at the DEs in this forum?

We need you to fight, not sit and talk.

Somebody has to sit on the forums so DE would realize that we want the Corpus gun as well.

Somebody has to sit on the forums so DE would realize that we want the Corpus gun as well.

I want, I want, I want. Always I want.

Be happy that you actually get anything at all for losing.

And if you want the Corpus gun that bad, then go play for Corpus.

Edited by Solution9

am i missing something? becouse if i read correctly you going to get weapon anyway, just a blueprint if you lose

IF the Corpus win:
- And you supported them: The ferocious DETRON hand-cannon. The Detron will be super-charged along with a new weapon slot!
- You did not support them: A DETRON blueprint, reverse-engineered by the Lotus.

@godila That is, 'if' the Corpus win. If the Grineer win, all the Grineer supporters would be very happy with their potatoed Brakk, but the Corpus followers get the BP for the Brakk.

But the OP has my vote. I know it's not realistic that the loser gets what they want, but I really really want the Detron. >.< And it's not like i've been idling around praying for Corpus victory; I've been in and out of many Corpus missions (despite the crappy rewards at times) but you know, It kind of makes me feel helpless when I've been trying so hard and then looking in dismay at the 76 percent-and-quickly-rising progress the Grineer side has...

I to really wish this could be changed, I'm supporting the Corpus and would really like the Detron but from how it's looking the Corpus are not going to win this war.

Keep in mind if the event were changed Corpus would still only get a blueprint and not a super charged pre-built detron.

Seems fair.

All I really need to say is "If you lose, you lose".

I don't understand why so many people think they should reap full rewards for simply participating, might as well just give everyone a free ride if you do it that way.

Yes, but what most people are saying is you would only receive the blueprint for choosing the losing side.

We don't even know the build requirements so I don't see the problem in implementing this.

if not, for the next event don't reveal the battle pay until the conflict has been resolved so players actually fight for the side they want and not just to reap in rewards.

Edited by Snopel

When If grineer wins, give Grineer supporters the grineer weapons with a slot and potato

And give Corpus supporters the blueprint of the Corpus weapon.

and vice versa if Grineer stops being favored by the end of this.

Think that would make everyone happier.

Give players with 100+ points their desired weapon, potato, and slot, REGARDLESS of the outcome.  We all obviously put our time in, we want our rewards.

Give players with 100+ points their desired weapon, potato, and slot, REGARDLESS of the outcome.  We all obviously put our time in, we want our rewards.

Again with the "I want".

Maybe you want, but you don't get.

Get your &amp;#&#33; in gear and fight for it. Not just those 5 missions so you ensure your Battle Pay.

If you want, then earn it.

Because it offers no incentives, no care about who wins the war?

With everybody getting the winner's weapon, it makes people actually care about who wins the war. If everybody got their own side's weapon at the end of the War, then it is "Meh I'll just do whatever gives me the best battle pay and on the last day I'll spam missions to get the majority whose weapons I want" rather than them caring about who wins.

almost eveeryone already does that

The rewards were VERY BADLY implemented.

Currently the Grineer are winning by a rather decent margin, with several more planets under control compared to Corpus (which was caused by both unbalanced battle pays and OP Grineer Heavy squads and impossible-to-hit Rollers (the latter being fixed finally))

The reward system dictates that if the Grineer win, all supporting players get a potato'd Machete and with 100+ missions, also the Brakk. All fine, this is good, and as supposed-to-be.

Now, the Corpus-supporting Tenno will NOT get anything from the Corpus, but blueprints of the other faction's weapons. And here's where the problem comes in.

In the final moments of the war, pretty much EVERYONE will switch to Grineer, because they want to get positive support for them, to get the Potato'd weapons instead of Blueprints; since, after all, THEY GET THE SAME WEAPONS ANYWAY.

Essentially, there's no point continuing Corpus-support if the Grineer control the mayority of the planets.

Sure, there are those who will fight to the end, but knowing the community, most people are after the rewards anyway. So this will end in one massive butthurt.

The rewards were VERY BADLY implemented.

Currently the Grineer are winning by a rather decent margin, with several more planets under control compared to Corpus (which was caused by both unbalanced battle pays and OP Grineer Heavy squads and impossible-to-hit Rollers (the latter being fixed finally))

The reward system dictates that if the Grineer win, all supporting players get a potato'd Machete and with 100+ missions, also the Brakk. All fine, this is good, and as supposed-to-be.

Now, the Corpus-supporting Tenno will NOT get anything from the Corpus, but blueprints of the other faction's weapons. And here's where the problem comes in.

In the final moments of the war, pretty much EVERYONE will switch to Grineer, because they want to get positive support for them, to get the Potato'd weapons instead of Blueprints; since, after all, THEY GET THE SAME WEAPONS ANYWAY.

Essentially, there's no point continuing Corpus-support if the Grineer control the mayority of the planets.

Sure, there are those who will fight to the end, but knowing the community, most people are after the rewards anyway. So this will end in one massive butthurt.

Was I mistaken? From what I've read, the only tier where your side matters is the third tier. Everyone gets the first tier, and everyone gets the winning faction's weapon in the second tier.

Am I off base?

Edited by Archfiendrai

To be fair, hard core players and hard core clans are the main reason the Grineer are winning right now.   Those types of people and clans usually, not always but usually play with some mind to the lore that is involved with the game.   

If you look at it like this, Alad V has some of the Sleeping Tenno.    We have already been doing missions to save tenno and tenno supporters.    The Grineer are more about enslaving the Tenno to work for them, and maybe some experiments if only to save their own lives.   While the Corpus would cut the tenno out of their warframes, not caring about what happens to the person inside.  If they live probably use them for tests to find out why they can use the warframes, and if they die don't even want to think about.

For those that Roleplay even alittle bit to be immersed into a game, Siding with the Grineer is the more logical choice, cause if nothing else if the Grineer do get those tenno we can save them later.  If the Corpus get them, well they are as good as dead.   

Maybe things will flip during the last couple of days, I dunno but right now.     This is War, someone is going to lose,  Personally I don't like the idea of getting a Prova.  The one melee weapon I will never make cause the sound in game is weird, and looks like a cattle prod and thats a whole other conversation in its self.   and the Pistol you get.  don't really want either, I'm happen with my throwing knives, stars, and my Akbolto  don't really need another gun, but if I had to pick I'd take the Brakk cause it looks more interesting.   

I'm basis, I prefer to judge things on how they look and sound.   And standard future looking stuff doesn't appeal to me,  Weird almost organic future looking stuff does, and old school looking things.

Ultimately if you want the Corpus to win,  Invite your friends and get them to help, or try to convince Clans out there to switch.  

Also,

Was I mistaken? From what I've read, the only tier where your side matters is the third tier. Everyone gets the first tier, and everyone gets the winning faction's weapon in the second tier.

Am I off base?

The badge everyone gets for doing 5 missions reguardless of faction.   The Teir 2 and 3 rewards are only awarded to the winning side.    So if the Grineer win, the supporters get the Melee and the pistol, with the Corpus supporters getting the Grineer Pistol BP as a thanking for Playing..   If the Corpus win, then they get their melee and pistol and Grineer supporters get the corpus pistol BP.    

So Basically if the side you support doesn't win, all you get is a Blue Print to the Other Factions Pistol, and a Badge.