Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception enemy spawns are ruining the fun of it

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

If you have 4 players in your squad then its like a defense mission against 1 player at each of the towers which is fine, in solo tho? Like if you want to do a steel path mission where theres likely not going to be someone to join you? Its hel

Solution: Crew idea for railjack could help a lot though

Problem: See i was doing a europa interception with frost, using as much crowd control i could get from him and it wasnt enough. I mean after I cleared a group of enemies at 1 tower, a hoard of enemies spawn at another tower 100m away from me and take that tower before i capture the 1 im at

But wait, theres more!

Occasionally youll get a few stragglers who will spawn at the tower your trying to take, stopping you at random points from capturing that tower. After you cap it jump to the next tower you lost, guess what? Another tower is being captured before you even get to clear all the enemies at the tower youre headed to.

So i nova'd the mission. With nyx being my final choice, as the mission is basically unplayable otherwise....

Back to solution: with crew, you could at least tell 2 or 3 of them to hold one spot so you can capture another. Especially if their stats and dps output can match that of the players with abilities like healing, energy, stronger enemies, etc being prioritized in some way when using abilities and firing weapons. 

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

get max range low strength-decent duration VOLT, and you will cheese the intercept

Yeah at the end i described a couple cheese frames, but i doubt DE wants to make it mandatory for you to have certain warframes over letting you actually use what you want

Which is my main point about the mission. Its one of many scenarios where its so close to being mandatory that you use a certain warframe over one you like... 

Enemies being able to interfere by just Vaguely Existing in the area was always going to cause trouble. Solo players' inability to be in 4 places at once was also always waiting to cause trouble.

Troubles which the literal endless swarms of enemies in Steel Path highlight excellently. Especially in the smaller maps. Short of global hard control it can be literally impossible to clear a point long enough to capture it, even if your time-to-kill isn't being absurdly magnified by the SP health modifiers.

10 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Enemies being able to interfere by just Vaguely Existing in the area was always going to cause trouble. Solo players' inability to be in 4 places at once was also always waiting to cause trouble.

Troubles which the literal endless swarms of enemies in Steel Path highlight excellently. Especially in the smaller maps. Short of global hard control it can be literally impossible to clear a point long enough to capture it, even if your time-to-kill isn't being absurdly magnified by the SP health modifiers.

Percisely, its much less trouble with a squad of 4 though. I dropped one spectre and had a significantly better run with my frost but it was still not enough as my spectre needed more damage and better ability prioritization

Archived