Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Glassmaker Feedback

TheSixOfDiamonds

This is all my personal take on Glassmaker. I know a big complaint is "Season 3 has gone on too long", so I'm just gonna gloss over that for this.

Rewards:

Spoiler

Ostensibly, I really just didn't care about these cosmetics. I think it's more personal taste, the crystalline and "Cephalon approved" design just didn't jive with me. The Boolean Syandana was kinda neat, though. Again, just personal taste, I'm sure someone out there can make these look good on something.

Offerings:

Spoiler

The addition of formerly-PvP exclusive mods was nice, even if I grabbed most of them "just because", not to actually to use them. I'm starting to wonder how much more the rewards can be expanded, though I still say consistent ways of getting catalysts and alt helmets is nice

Cephalites:

Spoiler

Overall, I didn't initially mind them, but they've overstayed their welcome. The idea of weakpoint enemies I don't mind, especially since there's the melee slam workaround if you just don't want to deal with it.

My first problem is the explosion on death. Like the Saturn Six Fugitive grenades, it just felt too big, though this may be because it didn't respect terrain in any regard. I could drop a Cephalite, and backtrack an entire room to try and avoid the blast, and my shields would still get pinged. Not usually a huge deal, unless it detonated a barrel or something. I didn't "need" to backtrack or avoid the blast, but I did anyway. Partly to figure out how big it was.

Second problem is that Nora got 0 new lines related to them as the story progressed. We very quickly learned who was doing it, and why. After the final act, they really aren't needed. Maybe a check to see if we have Vitrica or its blueprint, if we do just don't spawn them? Something as simple as acknowledging our progress would've broken the monotony of "Void, who did this to them?" all the time. Though, it becomes a good question if they have to still spawn after we have Nihil in a prism on the shelf.

My final, smaller complaint, is that they show up in Lich missions. I've been putting off starting a new one just because I don't feel like finding out how bad they can get in Lich missions. I might be overdoing it, but I just can't be asked.

Nihil's Fight:

Spoiler

I have very, very mixed feelings about this. The idea was cool, execution not so much. Having no way to reset the arena without dying was beyond annoying, especially in the latter phases. The pertrification could have been cool, but frequently I just got stuck in a near-loop of being petrified, getting hit, and narrowly missing the sword, only to be petrified again. To top it off, you get one-shot for any mistake, I've seen Dark Souls bosses that are more forgiving, and that's not a comparison that fits Warframe, in my opinion.

The Weave & CSI:

Spoiler

The "CSI" stuff was not implemented well, just at all. Even with the bits glowing, I was never sure if what I was looking at was just a light source or a clue. I don't even know how to implement a "CSI" minigame into Warframe. I do know that having to slow-walk comb the entire visible area is not it.

The Weave. I don't know what to say, beyond "No" or "please not again". It's a memory game, except the first couple times you might not be sure what you're supposed to memorize. Text is easy, it's highlighted. Anything else means it could be any piece, part, or the whole thing. Some are much easier to solve than others. Then you factor in the time limit to jump to the correct platform. it's just not fun, at least for me. I remain convinced for some of them, I just lucked out on the first try.

Also, Nora's lines are getting more cringe and less coherent. The first time I heard the "Thanking a killer [...] is like petting a machine gun." I legit wondered if I had heard correctly. It just sounded like babbling. I'm all for new lines, but what is some of this? "The road to good intentions be paved with hell"? What? Again, new lines are fine, but please quick and coherent.

20 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

The road to good intentions be paved with hell

yea that one bugged me to since the common phrase is the road to hell is paved with good intentions. but maybe nora tries to be all fancy or slowly might be losing it.

On 2021-01-28 at 10:36 PM, Oggyswe said:

yea that one bugged me to since the common phrase is the road to hell is paved with good intentions. but maybe nora tries to be all fancy or slowly might be losing it.

Or because its in the far future, the phrase evolved over time to mean and sound slightly different. And I love it!

Archived