Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Runner Mod

PhiThagRaid

I keep thinking this should've been a mod long ago already.

Simple Warframe mod somewhat inspired by Loki when he used to have the highest base sprint speed in the game:

Stealth Runner
When invisible X times movement speed.
where X= 1.16/1.33/1.5/1.66/1.83/2
Capacity cost could be 6/7/8/9/10/11

This is somewhat similar to the Cruising Speed Railjack avionic that increases your speed when there are no enemies within 3km. So, the "invisible" tag could also perhaps be "undetected", something related to not being seen.

If above is too OP due to low capacity(this would also increase endo and credit cost), an alternative set up could be:
Stealth Runner
where X= 1.09/1.18/1.27/1.36/1.45/1.54/1.63/1.72/1.81/1.90/1.99
Capacity cost could be 6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Could also perhaps be made into a prime and non-prime version, with the last mentioned being the prime, non prime could then be:
Stealth Runner
where X= 1.08/1.16/1.25/1.33/1.42/1.5
Capacity cost could be 6/7/8/9/10/11

TL;DR: Mod that makes you faster when unseen.

22 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Interesting for a Loki, but that would break stealth/invisibility with an Ivara.   And adding something to stop that from happening would make Ivara too OP for what she was originally intended for.  

I just use Rush instead. 

Makes sense, I think a Loki augment would make sense, although I would like to use it on something else while using my huras kubrow. To be honest, make it in compatible with her augment and it might be balanced all on its own due to capacity cost and the lack of walking through lazers.

Also, already run Rush on the builds I would like this xD

Just some things I have been thinking about.

Due to the mod having a condition to activate, it should be stronger than something like Rush. Similar to how Mecha Pulse/Health Conversion/Arcane Gaurdian is stronger than other passive armour mods. Rush being +30% at 11 capacity and my suggestion being either x1.5, x1.54 or x2 at 11 capacity, but only while invisible/undetected.

I might've misunderstood your message regarding Ivara. If you meant stopping you from being invisible when using the term "broken", I don't think this mod will break the invisibility due to the "times faster" instead of being a sprint speed mod itself, thus increasing all movements including walking.

Regarding the OP-ness of the mod with her, I think the main use of Infiltrate Augment is the ability to walk through lazers. Since this mod does not have that, it can be still balanced.
Would having a high enough cost be enough to balance the mod for Ivara even with the augment? Currently Ivara will use 9 capacity to increase her movement speed by 25%. Building for strength can dramatically increase this number. Having a mod that takes up 11 or 16 capacity could possibly be enough to balance it. Comparing Ivara to Octavia, they can both stay invisible basically infinitely, yet Octavia has full range of motion while doing so. If anything, this can make Octavia or anyone playing with an Octavia(or Ivara with invisibility Arrow) much faster.

Given that any frame can get invisibility using a Huras/Ghost, a finisher with Skiajati or a finisher with Arcane Trickery, I don't think any one warframe will be too powerful with this mod. The frames that already have invisibility are: Ash (Smoke screen, Augment allows it to be shared with team members),  Loki (Invisibility), Octavia (Metronome always sharable with team members), Wukong (Cloud Walker, Augment allows it to be shared with team members), Wisp (When in air) and Ivara (Prowl). Ironically Ivara is the only one who is slowed down by her invisibility. all the others would be able to use stealth to gain speed with the mod. The mod's activation would also only be easier for the mentioned frames, since all frames have one of those 4 mentioned methods above to make them invisible as well.

18 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Makes sense, I think a Loki augment would make sense, although I would like to use it on something else while using my huras kubrow. To be honest, make it in compatible with her augment and it might be balanced all on its own due to capacity cost and the lack of walking through lazers.

Also, already run Rush on the builds I would like this xD

So what you really want is to invent our first kubrow augment?

Either way i dont think the mod is too op, the idea of making it drain more capacity is aight i guess. Maybe a little more than Rush?

1 hour ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

So what you really want is to invent our first kubrow augment?

Perhaps, if companion augments were to ever become a thing, abilities would have to become innate, though. Similar to how warframe abilities used to be mods. Simaris mods are somewhat already augments, I guess.

Archived