Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoint Marker, Just Exactly What's the Matter?

CringeEdgy69UmbraPrimeYT

I did a short search before posting, saw so many reports and yet no explanation nor acknowledgement from DE.

During a mission the map would only indicate the location of the extraction area but NO door/corridor markers to show how to get there. In the last kuva fortress mission it took my team and I two entire rounds just to search for the extraction.

Can someone please take a few minutes and explain where are we with this bug, Is this something DE is even aware of at all? 

this is so dumb, there are so many times when i want to leave missions mid game, but there is no green way point , it is off the map and i have no idea where to go.

it will only show up after certain progress on mission is made, like the next reward tier, but not in middle after you are done with it and tells you can go to extraction point 

It mostly happens during endless misson (to my own experience). The float marker first is there, but decides to disappear in between...
I'd really kindly (again) request having "fixed" float markes instead of the moving ones if they can't get it right otherwise. Same issue back then with the plains .. those moving float markers are too slow on the uptake and now they even vanish.

I recently discovered, that now even for Ayatan Stars we have moving/step-by-step float markers! Those don't work properly either. They take multiple seconds to recognize that we have arrived at the marked "step"-spot and that they need to move on. So you stand there like a failure, trying to pick up stuff that ain't there, but is marked.

Can we please for the love of Lotus just have FIXED markers for stuff? They at least work!
like on the traces in fissure missions for example... those markers don't move and guess what... I can go to the marked location and find them!

Let me know if you guys want an app to show where the exit is.

On a serious note, DE, the following content is for your developer team.

1. Add waypoint nodes to each doorway both front and back. Much better to script the nodes as children to each door in definition of the door object itself. In such scenario, there will always be a node marker near the door pointing to the exit. The issue is the node markers are on one side on most maps (lazy manual coding).

2. Add waypoint nodes every 10~50 meters depending upon the space between two nearest nodes. Most of the complaints from us will be regarding the node pointing somewhere that we could not see. So, if there is an intermediate point (at least one point) between two doors, then the waypoint marker will indicate the nearest one, which is visible to us.

3. Dynamically create a waypoint node which is in the viewport and nearest to the next waypoint node. This is a bit tricky and would require more resources but it gets the job done.

4. Draw a line like deadspace. (Pinnacle of laziness award is due)

P.S: I like to solve problems. Contact me if you need to break any tough bugs.

Archived