Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok I Tell You De How You Should Have Done This Event. For Free.

H0PE

These ideas me and my friend put together in like in 15mins, during playing the game. nothing extra, we just talked on skype.

-Intro movie, where people need to choose sides. Only one choice available. No more choices.

-Use galactic ships arrive at locations (no real map locations are changed, so you can do events and alerts and progress as normal. Ships attacking the locations, if the attacker ship wins he can move to the next adjacent spot (so no randomness in locations and the winning party get a chance to choose next attack location, although numerous locations are active at one time)

-The invasion on one location lasts four hours roughly. Whoever gets more successful attack points will win.

-Missions may wary with extermination, destroy enemy ship core, etc. Since these are missions on enemy ship or enemy ground location only the tenno party is involved, vs. a lot of enemy force.

-The maps has more than one "phases", when reaching 1/3rd, 2/3rd of the map, where they get ammo and health packs and some helping assault groups (thus giving the feel of extra assault help and npc help). No scattered boxes around only enemy soldiers dropping items, providing the atmosphere of "assaulting".

-If a party attacking together and finishes a mission, they get a reward (both side can get the same), and they add 1 assault point to their side. If the party stay together and repeat the mission, the mission gets a +5lvl boost to the default assault location's lvl, enemy will be harder, difficulty may have bigger. If they win again, they give 2 assault points to their side on that assault location. If they don't drop the group, and continue on, enemy gets +5lvl boost. If they win they get 3 assault points. etc, etc.

-If a player helped his side on a location at least 5 times he gets the assault reward for that location after the assault (even if their side looses that assault).

-if a player plays at least 100missions he/she will receive the event reward at the end (regardless whos winning).

etc, etc, etc.

Very simple, very easy to follow and most importantly fair and same on both side. Only war and teamwork and skill remains and loyalty and frienship.

IMHO...

Peace out....

Edited by H0PE

am i the only one who enjoy event as it is?

yes. there is a lot wrong with this event. the concept and ideas are freaking amazing but the execution was quite lackluster. the way the rewards are handed out is wrong too.

winning side gets their loot while losing side gets the loot from their side in the form of BP. that alone would make this event 70% better.

War isn't fair. That's why I enjoy the event as it is now. When people get the choice, they'll pick what they value more. Apparently people think it's unfair that fraction A has better rewards than fraction B and they want to support fraction B but also get the rewards.

My opinion is: You have to deal with it.

You can choose if you're loyal or if you're buyable.

Even tough I think some of your ideas are good, I don't think the event should be fair.

War isn't fair. That's why I enjoy the event as it is now. When people get the choice, they'll pick what they value more. Apparently people think it's unfair that fraction A has better rewards than fraction B and they want to support fraction B but also get the rewards.

My opinion is: You have to deal with it.

You can choose if you're loyal or if you're buyable.

Even tough I think some of your ideas are good, I don't think the event should be fair.

That's pretty comparison to use in a video game where the developers rigged the event.

Stop saying "War isn't fair" this is a video game. 

That's pretty comparison to use in a video game where the developers rigged the event.

Well, yes. Of course it's a game. But people always want their games to be more real (at least most people I know. Doesn't include everyone).

And real war isn't fair.

Well, yes. Of course it's a game. But people always want their games to be more real (at least most people I know. Doesn't include everyone).

And real war isn't fair.

This isn't being real, this is truly being unfair.

In real life when you go to a Corpus ship and work for them, you wont hear people telling in the middle of battle,"I'M DOING THIS FOR THE CATALYST", then those who are shooting throw up a white flag and actively just switch sides to Grineer.

Edited by Anarties

And real war isn't fair.

realistic. Realistic, not real.

Real life sucks, that's why we generally feel the need to play games where stuff doesn't follow the rules of thermodynamics or gravity, or even common sense.

1) Developers have nothing to gain from rigging the Event.

2) War isn't fair so why should a simulation of one be?

You can have a realistic immerse universe or you can have a game where no one loses and we all sing round campfires.

If there is no penalty for failure then there is no fear of death.

Anyone who played Star Trek MMO knows exactly what I mean.

Edited by Avrose

I think kids should stop thinking that they are smarter than the developpers

I'm not smarter. But I'm a gamer who knows what would go and make a gamer "OMFG This is crazy good!".

Aparently 99% of the developers are not real gamers. Otherwise we would have a hundreds of good games that we would die to play and not wait for 1game to be released in every 5 year like a messiah.

-The invasion on one location lasts four hours roughly. Whoever gets more successful attack points will win.

-Missions may wary with extermination, destroy enemy ship core, etc. Since these are missions on enemy ship or enemy ground location only the tenno party is involved, vs. a lot of enemy force.

1. bad idea. i dont see why a war would end if a fight las so long. instead kill them all completly to win.

2. Kill all enemies now and forget about other objectives later. Because no reason to destroy a ship thats already empty of the entire faction

I'm not smarter. But I'm a gamer who knows what would go and make a gamer "OMFG This is crazy good!".

Aparently 99% of the developers are not real gamers. Otherwise we would have a hundreds of good games that we would die to play and not wait for 1game to be released in every 5 year like a messiah.

not every one has same opinions. Neither does every gamer like the same aspects of a game as other gamers

Despite how realistic you want this "war" to be, it turns out that this is actually a free-to-play video game that makes money from happy players. Therefore, DE wants happy players.

IMO, it would make sense for the Corpus to get their Detron BP even if they lose, since it's a Corpus weapon. As it stands, getting a Brakk BP would be a smack in the face. Free weapons are nice, but if I'm gonna grind out 100 missions for a pistol, it better end up being the one I want.

But seriously, this is not a war. It is a VIDEO GAME with a competitive event. If it wasn't fair people would stop playing and DE would make less money. That should be obvious.