Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Disruption node

Zexal

Hey there. 

As stated in my general Warframe experience thread (right here My Warframe experience and some suggestions.), one of my suggestion was to add a new Disruption node... in the Void.
Obviously, the Void was previously used as a place to farm everything prime related. Now, Prime Vault relics only drop from there and bounties.

I honestly would like to see a node there dedicated to Prime Vault and the latest Prime Access relics. 
Adding or editing a new node just for that while there's many ways to get these relics would be meaningless. That's why I think that this node should be the only node with the old enemy scaling.
Melee is the way to go now, and you can easily get to the level-cap because of how the scaling was nerfed a few months ago.
Having a node like that would give at least a bit more challenge to this mission than the other ones. 

The only challenge that we (as in us, end-game veteran players) now have is to find an objective to keep playing this game.

On 2021-02-24 at 11:07 AM, Zexal said:

one of my suggestion was to add a new Disruption node... in the Void.

I'm not against the idea... though using Alad V's Conduits would be difficult to square with the lore.

The Orokin towers in the Void are deserted apart from intruders who have been co-opted by the Neural Sentry to provide security. There's no-one there to buy the Conduits from Alad. And anyone who isn't being mind-controlled by the Neural Sentry would go mad if they stayed in the Void for extended periods, as per the Zariman lore, so it's not really a viable base for any new foe (except possibly a Cephalon?).

That said... the same gameplay could be done with mini-bosses trying to reach Void Gates, instead of Demo units trying to reach Conduits.

Just throw in some hokum about what we need to stop them from getting to on the other side of the Gate, and it'd work fine.

Personally, I'm not fussed what the rewards would be, I'd just like to visit the Void more often, but the selection of missions is pretty limited, and Disruption is fun. 😄

On 2021-02-24 at 11:07 AM, Zexal said:

I think that this node should be the only node with the old enemy scaling.
Melee is the way to go now, and you can easily get to the level-cap because of how the scaling was nerfed a few months ago.

My feeling is that firearms should be brought up to parity with melee's base stats (melee would still win out in endurance runs due to Acolyte Mods and Condition Overload, I think), and then enemy eHP scaling everywhere should be revisited to ensure they aren't too much of a walkover for new players, but still provide a challenge for endurance runners. Which, from what such people say, would mean back to some kind of exponential HP scaling at least.

But anyway, definitely, "yes please!" to Disruption in the Void. 😃

11 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

I'm not against the idea... though using Alad V's Conduits would be difficult to square with the lore.

The Orokin towers in the Void are deserted apart from intruders who have been co-opted by the Neural Sentry to provide security. There's no-one there to buy the Conduits from Alad. And anyone who isn't being mind-controlled by the Neural Sentry would go mad if they stayed in the Void for extended periods, as per the Zariman lore, so it's not really a viable base for any new foe (except possibly a Cephalon?).

That said... the same gameplay could be done with mini-bosses trying to reach Void Gates, instead of Demo units trying to reach Conduits.

Just throw in some hokum about what we need to stop them from getting to on the other side of the Gate, and it'd work fine.

I mean yeah, the lore is already a huge mess, DE can do whatever they want with it haha

Personally, I'm not fussed what the rewards would be, I'd just like to visit the Void more often, but the selection of missions is pretty limited, and Disruption is fun. 😄

100%

My feeling is that firearms should be brought up to parity with melee's base stats (melee would still win out in endurance runs due to Acolyte Mods and Condition Overload, I think), and then enemy eHP scaling everywhere should be revisited to ensure they aren't too much of a walkover for new players, but still provide a challenge for endurance runners. Which, from what such people say, would mean back to some kind of exponential HP scaling at least.

But anyway, definitely, "yes please!" to Disruption in the Void. 😃

I agree, a 100% again! It just feels cheap now : you get into the game and once you understand that you have to put mods on your melee... Well, you're done with the game.
At least in the Void it would make sense (I think?) to have stronger enemies with a faster and higher scaling!

Am 24.2.2021 um 12:07 schrieb Zexal:

Hey there. 

As stated in my general Warframe experience thread (right here My Warframe experience and some suggestions.), one of my suggestion was to add a new Disruption node... in the Void.
Obviously, the Void was previously used as a place to farm everything prime related. Now, Prime Vault relics only drop from there and bounties.

I honestly would like to see a node there dedicated to Prime Vault and the latest Prime Access relics. 
Adding or editing a new node just for that while there's many ways to get these relics would be meaningless. That's why I think that this node should be the only node with the old enemy scaling.
Having a node like that would give at least a bit more challenge to this mission than the other ones. 

The only challenge that we (as in us, end-game veteran players) now have is to find an objective to keep playing this game.

i like void. Spent far too long there in the first few years (2013-2014). I like the graphics there best.
For me, disruption is also the best mission at the moment. very good rewards and lots of action. I don't have to worry about the mission failing at some point.

in general, I think that every game mode has to be represented everywhere. because i don't like greener or kuva maps, for example.

On 2021-02-25 at 10:24 PM, OmegaVoid said:

Banged this out. I think it works?

Little Duck: "Right, Tenno: here's the gig.

Back when the Sentients started popping up in the Origin System again, the Quills decided they needed some hidey-holes which could keep a few things safe from the grasp of those floating boneheads. Important objects which... you don't need to know about. Yet.

Middle of the Void seemed an ideal place. The access points for those hidey-holes are Void Gates on this here Orokin Tower. Your Lotus helped us out by having you lot clear out the Corrupted so we could come in and stash the stuff.

But now the Quills say someone's sending demo units in to try to reach our hidey-holes and blow themselves to smithereens -- and our stash with 'em! We need you to stop those demo units before they reach the Void Gates.

Oh, and look out for the Corrupted. They will try to kill ya."

Notice it calls back to the Lotus dialogue in Void Exterminate "As long as the enemy is here, this tower is useless to us." and explains that hitherto-enigmatic line. 😀

Only questionable element I can spot is -- why wouldn't the Quills hide their important things at the Tower of the Unum, which seems to be one of the safest places in the Origin System? Potential answer being these special things have properties which mean they must be kept away from the Unum or from the Kuva in her tower.

Imma sound like an ass, but id never go near that node just because i hate, HATE orokin tilesets visually. I hate anything related to gold. Only the Entrati ruins and the Derelict make it tolerable. Gold balanced out by purples and blues, basic color theory. On the other hand, seriously, gold and white?

ugh.

End of rant xD

On 2021-03-02 at 2:32 AM, Kaggelos said:

Gold balanced out by purples and blues, basic color theory.

Or unexamined dogma?

If the selection of one colour automatically mandates which other colours may be paired with it, the visual pallette is restricted to an unnecessarily narrow range of moods.

Colour theory provides guidance towards achieving the desired effect (for those who don't grasp that intuitively).

It does not dictate what the desired effect should be -- therefore cannot render any colour combinations obligatory or prohibited.

On the other hand, seriously, gold and white?

If "make it pop!" were the sole criterion for visual presentation, for sure it doesn't. But that's not always the intention, and nor should it be.

Together with the music, the smooth simplicity of the white parts adorned with the complexity of the gold elements combine to create a mix of austerity and ostentation.

(Possibly references the Biblical quotation about "whited sepulchres", which parallels Margulis' rebuke to the Orokin before she's consigned to the Jade Light.)

I rather appreciate how it contrasts with the generally more detailed surfaces of the other tilesets.

Imma sound like an ass, but id never go near that node just because i hate, HATE orokin tilesets visually. I hate anything related to gold

Personally I don't much like green, I'm oddly picky about tolerating blue, and a predominantly turquoise tileset would appal me, so I can totally relate in principal. 😄

Just that if somebody made something which artistically isn't your cup of tea, it's not really cricket to produce arbitrary rules-of-thumb to support a claim that they are "objectively" doing it wrong.

End of counter-rant. 😆

16 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

Colour theory provides guidance towards achieving the desired effect (for those who don't grasp that intuitively).

It does not dictate what the desired effect should be -- therefore cannot render any colour combinations obligatory or prohibited.

True!

16 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

If "make it pop!" were the sole criterion for visual presentation, for sure it doesn't. But that's not always the intention, and nor should it be.

Together with the music, the smooth simplicity of the white parts adorned with the complexity of the gold elements combine to create a mix of austerity and ostentation.

(Possibly references the Biblical quotation about "whited sepulchres", which parallels Margulis' rebuke to the Orokin before she's consigned to the Jade Light.)

I rather appreciate how it contrasts with the generally more detailed surfaces of the other tilesets.

That's really interesting take on things, never saw it that way, was too busy being blinded by my tastes hating the tileset xD

Archived