The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Pc Randomly Shuts Down

Shekler

I've got this problem several times now and I'm not sure if this is caused by my hardware or the game. It only happens when I play Warframe, everything else works properly.

It seems like it appears completely randomly. I'm just playing and then the display turns black, sound seems crashed as it loops the last sound several times and then stops after a few seconds. Nothing else works anymore, I have to reboot my computer by either pulling eletricity or pushing the boot-button very long.

I don't know if anybody else has this problem. And I'm really not sure if it's my computer because I just bought it as new 2-3 months ago. I suppose it might be overheat of the hardware, but could also be the game.

EDIT:

Overheat was kinda eliminated as I could try this out with other players having the same problem.

Edited by Shekler

This exact problem happened to me a while back. But, for me, the sound was similar to...I dunno, buzzing? It was looping about 0.1 seconds over and over. Then, black screen.

But, this only ever happened on one game, a game that suffered from horrendous memory leaks.

That was 6 months ago, and it wasn't a hardware problem, it was just due to the way the game was (awfully) optimized.

I'm not saying it's the same for you, it could be a hardware failure. But, that's my experience.

*Edit*

It could be a few other things.

1. Viruses can cause S#&$ like this to happen. Sweep your PC for the bastards.

2. I know you said you've only had the PC for 2-3 months, but if you can't solve the issue, try reformatting the HD. That's my go to "fix" as a last resort.

Edited by Nugget_

I'm gonna try to download the newest driver, although I may have it already.
And I'm gonna run Kaspersky test version or something like this to see if I have any viruses. My actual virus software may have overlooked something.

What can I do if it's the same problem you had? Optimizing the game?

Thanks for help

Edited by Shekler

My best suggestion would be to do a system restore, a lot of problems can be caused from one program suddenly deciding that it hates another. If you don't have a backup to restore then maybe that is something you should look into for the future.

have similar problem since last update 

edit: disable dx11 & multi threading without luck

never have problem until the latest hotfix

to test it's not my hardware, i run Heaven Benchmark and other game without problem

Edited by Strikezam

Sounds like a hard drive issue.

Try updating your graphic drivers from their official websites.

this, you can rule out the soundcard by disabling all sound in your OS and in game. If the crash still happens, its not the soundcard, if you play for a long time without crashes, you know its the sound card.

I have the same issue. I was trying to play mercury solo withmy ash and right after i finish destroying the generator my computer just shuts down and makes some weird noise. I have tryed to run the game with all the low graphics and settings but still the same. Tried to close every unnecesarry program and app but nothing. It started to happen when the update came out. Before it i played on max graphics and no issues.

Sorry for my bad english.

Shekler it's not you. There's a lot of people experiencing the exact same problem. Including having the problem get better for a while. There was a hotfix that included a temporary rollback of part of one of the updates. The description didn't sound like the rollback was for the issue you described but it did fix it. (At least for me until the next update in 10.something.)

i also am experiencing a lot of crashes since U11. my game would stutter for a couple seconds and thats when i know my PC will crash. i haven't tried the dx11/multirender options yet but have reinstalled drivers over and over and WF seems to be the only game crashing on me.

i even repasted my GPU and cleaned out whatever dust there was but to no avail.

i have same problems, game freezes for few seconds and 3 team mates getting kicked or it crashes. it all started after u11

I have this too and thought it was only me, It seems Im often host so I dunno why but after 10 minutes or so I get HUGGGE fps drop like 2 fps and bam 3 people disconnect, what is this ?? felles like my comp is dying but I start another game up and there is no problems at all...

Guys, this is very commonly Graphics drivers or the GPU/Graphics card itself getting hot or having some conflict.  It is possible that it could be your Hard drive, but I would do this:

1. Do a System Restore point

2. Download DriverSweeper and keep this link up http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

3. Download the latest Graphics drivers for your card and place the file somewhere easily accessible:

-Nvidia: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

-ATI: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

4. Uninstall Your current graphics card drivers from the Applications and software applett in the Control Panel

5. Reboot

6. Run DriverSweeper and select anything Nvidia And/OR ATI and run the cleaner

7. Reboot

8. Install the latest driver you downloaded for your card

9. Reboot if told to and test your card in games etc.

And G'luck man!

I've tried the Alad V mission again and it seems that the issue shows in this mission regularly.
It crashed at about the same time like before...

Edit: Appeared in every mission after about 7 minutes. Didn't happen before the Hotfix that was done about 2 hours ago!

Edited by Shekler