Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Wasn't Fair to Consoles

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Needs to be pointed out:

That on Console, enemy spawns were Much Much lower than on PC due to hardware limitations.

Because of this, the strategy of: let the orphix cook off and kill sentients was Not a viable strategy; they simply could not spawn at a rate fast enough to offset the points lost to Time.

This meant on Console, Orphix devolved into the boring strategy of, run between ABC Kill asap, sit around and wait for next Orphix

Very Very Boring. and all the scores basically come out to 21k no matter what.

So it felt unrewarding, just sit around waiting for each orphix, waste an hour to get a set amount of points; no point in Working for a better reward, because that strat was unavailable.

If this event ever comes back, Kill Values for Sentients needs to be increased 3x, to make Kills a Viable Alternate Strategy.

You were farming more efficiently if you rushed it anyways (including on PC) and leaderboards - what you sat around and killed sentients for (totally less boring and of course not subjective at all) - were exclusive on each platform. Meaning your competition on the boards had the same restrictions. They even lowered the score requirements for the dojo statues accordingly.

So, how was it unfair again? If anything you could argue it was easier to get into as a player with limited gear on consoles due to the lower enemy density.

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

So, how was it unfair again? If anything you could argue it was easier to get into as a player with limited gear on consoles due to the lower enemy density.

Less Phasic Cells for the time spent in the mission.

Lower difficulty for unprepared players isn't a compelling argument for the ones with maxed gear.

I don't think the spawn frequency difference was really that bad, the 30k+ runs had a ton of time spent on just getting the right map configuration, if you just wanted cells, you were better off not restarting the mission several times for a big score run.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb 16Bitman:

Less Phasic Cells for the time spent in the mission.

Lower difficulty for unprepared players isn't a compelling argument for the ones with maxed gear.

I don't think the spawn frequency difference was really that bad, the 30k+ runs had a ton of time spent on just getting the right map configuration, if you just wanted cells, you were better off not restarting the mission several times for a big score run.

Lower difficulty wasn't an argument to justify a difference, but factually the only mentionworthy difference.

If you rushed Orphixes (again, the better way to farm cells on all platforms to my knowledge) the enemy spawns barely mattered though. But yeah, okay, maybe you missed 250 points, 25 cells - let's make it 500 points, 50 cells in a full run by less enemies dying to collateral damage. My bad, I guess.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I'm not taking about the PC vs Console Leaderboards rankings, Of course they're separate.

I'm talking about the gameplay being different, and the opportunities being unequal, thus unfair.

Less Phasic Cells earned per Time Spent

Meaning, Console Players were Rewarded Less for the event than PC players.

I also pointed out, that lack of the High Risk strategy also meant things were Much More Boring. -Less Fun. In all Fairness we should have the opportunity for enjoyment and challenge as well.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PSN)haphazardlynamed:

I'm not taking about the PC vs Console Leaderboards rankings, Of course they're separate.

I'm talking about the gameplay being different, and the opportunities being unequal, thus unfair.

Less Phasic Cells earned per Time Spent

Meaning, Console Players were Rewarded Less for the event than PC players.

I also pointed out, that lack of the High Risk strategy also meant things were Much More Boring. -Less Fun. In all Fairness we should have the opportunity for enjoyment and challenge as well.

I addressed all of that already and nothing you wrote really changed that. If you wanted to be effective with your cells per time spent the sit around strat was awful on any platform. So, yeah while that rewarded less than on PC it's also what shouldn't have been done in the first place if you played for cells - which is the point you're trying to make.

If you played for cells it barely had any effect and if you played for leaderboards it did have one but then your main objective was the score and not the cell acquisition efficiency - I'll still totally get that that must have sucked. I just don't see it as an impactful issue overall.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I addressed all of that already and nothing you wrote really changed that. If you wanted to be effective with your cells per time spent the sit around strat was awful on any platform. So, yeah while that rewarded less than on PC it's also what shouldn't have been done in the first place if you played for cells - which is the point you're trying to make.

If you played for cells it barely had any effect and if you played for leaderboards it did have one but then your main objective was the score and not the cell acquisition efficiency - I'll still totally get that that must have sucked. I just don't see it as an impactful issue overall.

Yes, Sit around and Wait for Orphix was terrible for Points

Exactly

but on PC, you had the Better Strategy Available, of killing sentients instead, for more Effecient Cells per Time.

and on Console, that Better Strategy was NON-Viable due to the spawn limits.

my point was I Wanted to use that Better Strategy. Get it now? unfair that it was denied.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (PSN)haphazardlynamed:

Yes, Sit around and Wait for Orphix was terrible for Points

Exactly

but on PC, you had the Better Strategy Available, of killing sentients instead, for more Effecient Cells per Time.

and on Console, that Better Strategy was NON-Viable due to the spawn limits.

my point was I Wanted to use that Better Strategy. Get it now? unfair that it was denied.

Are you intentionally misunderstanding what I said? Twice? Or am I not being easy to understand?

Sitting around to kill sentients wasn't better for cells. Not on PC. Not on console. It wasn't the better strategy. You weren't denied a better strategy because it wasn't the better strategy. If you used this strategy to have a better cell gain you did it wrong the entire event. Get it now? End of conversation.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Are you intentionally misunderstanding what I said? Twice? Or am I not being easy to understand?

Sitting around to kill sentients wasn't better for cells. Not on PC. Not on console. It wasn't the better strategy. You weren't denied a better strategy because it wasn't the better strategy. If you used this strategy to have a better cell gain you did it wrong the entire event. Get it now? End of conversation.

You aren't being easy to understand.

The 40K+ scores were from the Kill Sentients strategy. Requires a well organized squad and was painful, but was the better strategy in terms of Cells/Time.

Get it now? End of conversation.

Orphix was not very generous event.. I guess I enjoyed 1h of necramach gameplay but then I was playing 2h by force just to get Lavos.

I liked Scarlett spear much more because I was switching between 2 possible mission types and didn't get bored so quickly. Moreover rewards were great! I stockpiled intrinsics and arcanes.

By the way Lavos is now available for Reputation on Deimos which can be earned in 30min. of endless bounty. (I spent about 3h in Orphix)

Archived