Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I envision invasions should be.

Core Concept - This is an endless mission in which you push a front line as far as you can. 

The Onscreen Objectives - Every so far, there's a point to be captured like in interception. Once you've captured it, you start pushing toward the next point under increased opposition. Every so many capture points, you get a reward and the option to stay/extract. 

Railjack compatible - All spaceship tiles sets should be converted/moved to the railjack mode. That would be much more fun and immersive in my opinion. You'd simply be capturing points in space instead of on the ground while fighting a constant flow of enemies. 

The scaling - Pretty much the same philosophy of any other endless mission. The only thing I'd add is things like chances for hazards like radiation or shutting off life support per capture point. These can slowly get more extreme to prevent runs that get you trade banned. It should also be noted that this mode would be best with high spawn counts.

How to fail and win - You fail by running out of lives/revives, which would fail any mission. This is the same as it would be in survival. To get a mission success, you simply leave when you have a chance to extract like in any defense mission. 

Rewards - This is just a conversion of invasions, so maybe some more rewards - but invasions already have rewards so... 

Leveling - This could be a great way for DE to give people more options as to where they level their gear as I see this mode as being a good leveling method.

Performance - Seeing as how you'd be continually moving in a linear direction, management of what loaded tiles is key. The other thing is that high spawn counts would make this feel way better as a war mode, so some optimization might be helpful in maintaining that goal. 

I don't see this coming to fruition anytime soon, but I just wanted to put it out there. 

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Railjack compatible - All spaceship tiles sets should be converted/moved to the railjack mode. That would be much more fun and immersive in my opinion. You'd simply be capturing points in space instead of on the ground while fighting a constant flow of enemies. 

I prefer normal nodes. Till we get Commands I won't touch RJ.

The Onscreen Objectives - Every so far, there's a point to be captured like in interception. Once you've captured it, you start pushing toward the next point under increased opposition. Every so many capture points, you get a reward and the option to stay/extract. 

Hmm... I would like to have multiple Captures.

Performance - Seeing as how you'd be continually moving in a linear direction, management of what loaded tiles is key. The other thing is that high spawn counts would make this feel way better as a war mode, so some optimization might be helpful in maintaining that goal. 

Wouldn't RJ cause it to load unnecessary maps?  I hate RJ so I don't know details about RJ's maps.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Come back once you've given you've spent some time in the mode. ALSO, command is coming in under a week if I remember correctly. 

I've played 2 or 3 times... I don't want to spend days in game just to prove something...

If Commands will be "good"...

Archived