Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DOJO: Decoration permission for rooms.

(NSW)Belaptir

Talking to my clan an idea came to our mind of something that could be cool: What if rooms could have unique decoration permissions? I'll explain: I create a new room in my dojo and that room is going to be the personal quarters of player X. So I go to the room menu (where you can change the name) and give player X that room's "decoration permissions". In this way, player X will be able to decorate their personal quarters like they want, but without the risk of anyone else going and removing what he's doing (except people with general decoration permissions, aka: Dojo Decorator permission.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Talking to my clan an idea came to our mind of something that could be cool: What if rooms could have unique decoration permissions? I'll explain: I create a new room in my dojo and that room is going to be the personal quarters of player X. So I go to the room menu (where you can change the name) and give player X that room's "decoration permissions". In this way, player X will be able to decorate their personal quarters like they want, but without the risk of anyone else going and removing what he's doing (except people with general decoration permissions, aka: Dojo Decorator permission.

+1 for you =)

Dojos never truly felt like a home, unless properly decorated, for me. So I very much agree with you - a player personal room(s) would be amazing, expecially for those sick in the head like me who ran out of decoration capacity in the Orbiter, spent hours ikeaframing, and still have a couple of collections in inventory rather than placed, bringing anxiety.

Another note is that this issue rises from clan leaders being either M.I.A. or not trusting their own members to build a couple of rooms.

The problem, however, rises when a player leaves a clan. How will the room(s) be managed? Should they be reimbursed the decorations? I can't gift away my mastery plates or Deimos tokens to a clan- there's no telling when drama will hit, even in dead clans. Making your own clan only to keep the decorations is not really the solution, even without considering the grind, as you will not be able to join anything but alliances.

So, unless the DEvs allow the re-purchase of certain unique gizmos (like what happened with the floof of Australian 2020 fires), there is a need for personal rooms.

2 hours ago, Brucieman64 said:

Dojos never truly felt like a home, unless properly decorated, for me. So I very much agree with you - a player personal room(s) would be amazing, expecially for those sick in the head like me who ran out of decoration capacity in the Orbiter, spent hours ikeaframing, and still have a couple of collections in inventory rather than placed, bringing anxiety.

Another note is that this issue rises from clan leaders being either M.I.A. or not trusting their own members to build a couple of rooms.

The problem, however, rises when a player leaves a clan. How will the room(s) be managed? Should they be reimbursed the decorations? I can't gift away my mastery plates or Deimos tokens to a clan- there's no telling when drama will hit, even in dead clans. Making your own clan only to keep the decorations is not really the solution, even without considering the grind, as you will not be able to join anything but alliances.

So, unless the DEvs allow the re-purchase of certain unique gizmos (like what happened with the floof of Australian 2020 fires), there is a need for personal rooms.

It's a valid concern the one about leaving the clan. Maybe there could be a way to have a personal vault in the dojo for decorations? It could be linked to the room itself. You create the "personal quarters" for Player X in your dojo. The game requires you to assign that room to a person in order to start decorating it and instead of donating the stuff to the dojo vault in order to decorate, you donate it to the room's vault that will keep track of all the decorations this player donated. If the player leaves the clan, the items that they donated will be sent again to the player's inventory because they could be easily identified as the room has its own vault.

Archived