Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Hrmm that has become the META ... lets break it!" mentality of Devs and how did you come to that?

Narcissa

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Meta, the actual word hasnt evolved. There just happened to be an acronym that popped up that exsists of the same four letters. Meta, as in the acronym cannot be used to describe metagaming for instance, since metagaming isnt about a tactical approach that is most efficient, it is about breaking the 4th wall by applying knowledge of the real world to the actions of your character i.e utilizing your knowledge that it is a game. Like say, you play an rpg set in the US during the 60s and you head to the place where JFK was shot in order to stop it, without your character ever actually having the slightest idea about what is going to happen. Or if you play an RPG with Terminators in it, and you know exactly how to kill them since you've seen the movies, but your character wouldnt possibly know that.

Just as meta, the actual word, cannot really be applied to the hierarchy of weapons and builds.

edit: And then there is MetaGMing aswell, where a GM applies his real world knowledge i.e the stats and skills of a players character, in order to set up impossible tasks for the player, even if the player does everything correctly.

Thanks for the beautiful insight. I wholeheartedly agree with you. And no -unlike some other members here, I don't feel insulted although you explain things that i already know. You point out where i was wrong without condescending me and i appreciate it.

We converse in forums. We can't tell if the other person understand the message we want to convey, that's why we use simple examples like those to explain things.

100% agree. +1. Salute.

2 hours ago, Raso719 said:

All Metas are bad. Period. If 90% of a game's available content is relegated as being mostly useless to where you have "right" and "wrong" equipment options then something needs to change. 

Period.

Especially if real world money is involved in the acquisition of said equipment.  

I 100% agree and this is why Warframe is so popular. Your personal favorite weapons are meta therefore you can enjoy the game to your liking. We all can use the braton and perform well and that is a rare but awesome thing. Even Steel Path's gun debate is merely players not used to killing enemies similarly to other shooters. I would never change that.

Archived