Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Disappointed In The Lanka

Vallerian

My opinions on the Lanka:

-I'm expecting a regular sniper, but instead it shoots lasers that have travel time.

-Charges for half an hour, makes a pew-pew sound. Wat.

-Projectile comes from the wrong side of the screen. I'm expecting laser to come from the center or at least the right side of the screen, but when I shoot a glowing turd gets flung from the bottom left corner. Pls.

-I can't see anything when it's charging. Blue sparks start flying out of nowhere and block out like half the screen.

-It shoots blue lasers regardless of what energy color I have on

TL;DR: I'm butthurt because I didn't get the chance to get a Snipetron, and the Lanka is a big disappointment

Edited by Vallerian

QQ I crafted a lazor rifle that shoots lazors. I'm so disappointed. QQ

Try reading the wiki before making a weapon just to complain about it. If you don't like it level it to 30 and sell it.

Edit: Did you make a seperate account to complain on the forums? You can't even use the lanka as an initiate.

Edited by Kolos1001

Try reading the wiki before making a weapon just to complain about it. If you don't like it level it to 30 and sell it.

I knew very well what this weapon was before I crafted it, there's just no better alternative. I hoped for a good 7 ranks that there'd be a better alternative to my Vulkar, Lanka definitely is not it.

What I really mean to say is that for players who enjoy snipers, unless you have the Snipetron Vandal you're basically left out in the dark with the Vulkar.

Edited by Vallerian

I knew very well what this weapon was before I crafted it, there's just no better alternative. I hoped for a good 7 ranks that there'd be a better alternative to my Vulkar, Lanka definitely is not it.

What I really mean to say is that for players who enjoy snipers, unless you have the Snipetron Vandal you're basically left out in the dark with the Vulkar.

Dat Tenno "Wait for it" Sniper rifle.

Edited by FateZero

Then complain about there not being more snipers available. Or complain about Vulkar being grossly underpowered and not viable even with level 10 enemies. The lanka is fine.

Edit: Did you make a seperate account to complain on the forums? You can't even use the lanka as an initiate.

The ranks in the forums correspond to how active you are in the forums and are independent from the main game.

The ranks in the forums correspond to how active you are in the forums and are independent from the main game.

Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

Ironically they have been equal for me for my entire play time so I think that's why I assumed.

Edited by Kolos1001

give the lanka some love, he needs heavy forma to reach his full potential, yeah, the projective has travel time, magnetic propelled shot :p

but with th e right mods, the charge is not that long, and will will get used to it, you will take the rythm : charge, aiming in that time, release when aligned

you will soon forget the charge, like with the ogris :) and the damages .... you can two shot almost anything below 160, this looks like a sniper, but it is more a mini cannon, the only downside is :

if you use heavy caliber, aiming for the head @long range result 70% of the time in a miss, if you re really far, you have to aim the torso

this is definitely not my most loved weapon, but it's worth it

you will love the lanka when u one shot heavy units at high levels, taking entire groups of them in one clip with amazing speed, until then it will feel annoying and cumbersome to use against low level enemies 

believe in the lanka and it will reveal its power unto you 

give the lanka some love, he needs heavy forma to reach his full potential, yeah, the projective has travel time, magnetic propelled shot :p

but with th e right mods, the charge is not that long, and will will get used to it, you will take the rythm : charge, aiming in that time, release when aligned

you will soon forget the charge, like with the ogris :) and the damages .... you can two shot almost anything below 160, this looks like a sniper, but it is more a mini cannon, the only downside is :

if you use heavy caliber, aiming for the head @long range result 70% of the time in a miss, if you re really far, you have to aim the torso

this is definitely not my most loved weapon, but it's worth it

The charge is too long.

My Paris can shoot two fully charged arrows during the time it takes that loser to charge.

Sniping is not effective when you cannot click-and-kill.

It's too precise...too much about the moment.

Edited by Anarties

Lanka is garbage when you first craft it.

Once you get it modded, potatoed, and formad. ITs a beast.

If the charge time is annoying you, put firerate mods on it. Shred and Speed Trigger make it almost nonexistant.

Edited by Oizen

Lanka is garbage when you first craft it.

Once you get it modded, potatoed, and formad. ITs a beast.

If the charge time is annoying you, put firerate mods on it. Shred and Speed Trigger make it almost nonexistant.

It's still leaps and bounds better than the vulkar when you first craft it.

I seriously don't know how he complains about charge time with the vulkars reload speed.

the only thing i have to sya about the lanka is:

It is a very nice weapon, with a very lazy and cheap (to not say not existant) model work.

same look as a snipetron? really? that was laazy.

if you ask me, a better model for the lanka hould be like this:

Rail-Gun-concept-Sparth.jpg

NOTE: no my concept, just googled it.

the only thing i have to sya about the lanka is:

It is a very nice weapon, with a very lazy and cheap (to not say not existant) model work.

if you ask me, a better model for the lanka hould be like this:

Rail-Gun-concept-Sparth.jpg

NOTE: no my concept, just googled it.

Mother of Tenno THAT is beautiful

My opinions on the Lanka:

-I'm expecting a regular sniper, but instead it shoots lasers that have travel time.

-Charges for half an hour, makes a pew-pew sound. Wat.

-Projectile comes from the wrong side of the screen. I'm expecting laser to come from the center or at least the right side of the screen, but when I shoot a glowing turd gets flung from the bottom left corner. Pls.

-I can't see anything when it's charging. Blue sparks start flying out of nowhere and block out like half the screen.

-It shoots blue lasers regardless of what energy color I have on

TL;DR: I'm butthurt because I didn't get the chance to get a Snipetron, and the Lanka is a big disappointment

- It's not a regular sniper, it's a magnetic accelerator. NOT A LASER. It deals serrated damage.

- The charge time is tiny if you add speed mods. The sound it makes is how a coil gun makes, also coil guns need to charge a capacitor, this is entirely realistic.

- Dunno what you're talking about, it's a ferromagnetic bullet coming from the rifle, not from the third person point of view.

- Never seen this myself.

- Energy color should affect bullet color, I agree with you there.

Scoping with Lanka is more a muzzle pov. The projectile shouldn't come from the far left of the screen, I have to agree here.

I'll just throw this out there again... not acceptable.

warframe-lankaderp.png

As far as the lanka's charge time being too long...  It takes 50% longer to charge than Paris. It does 66% more damage than Paris Prime, and 150% more damage than basic Paris.  Lanka is all about raw striking power, and once upgraded will one-shot the overwhelming majority of enemies you will ever see in this game. Versus, the Paris bows, which do less raw damage but have the advantage of a higher practical rate of fire and also the option of releasing an uncharged arrow for low level enemies or a fast "finisher".

Basically Lanka is the sniper weapon to end all sniper weapons, while the Paris is a better all-around flexible weapon.

In my opinion.

Idk why everyone complains about the Lanka..

I'm loving the F*** out of mine, especially with my Banshee or Volt.

I could see it getting a boost in projectile travel time to make it more viable at extreme ranges, but it shouldn't be hitscan.

Its damage is amazing, and with Shred the charge time isn't even bad. (You could go even further with a Speed Trigger if it still bothers you.)

You people need to learn that the Lanka is what Snipetron was supposed to be, a laser rifle.

It's the permanently unavailable Snipretron that is using Lanka's model, which is why it was removed..

Not the other way around.

Edited by Flackenstien