Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding endless missions as main objectives in RJ.

SneakyErvin

I just wanted to say that it was not a good way to implement normal star chart missions the way this update did it.

I felt it was OK, (heck it was great) with exterminate and I can see things like spy, sabotage, capture and rescue etc. becoming RJ objectives aswell, it just works and makes sense. However, the endless missions like defense and probably future things like Disruption, Defection, Survival and so on just doesnt work. There is no reason to do them inside RJ over doing them on the star chart, having to clear other objectives before getting to the main one feels so pointless. They also add pointlessly long time to the mission as a whole while adding nothing rewarding to it.

My suggestion is that in order to tie the game together with RJ, these endless missions should all be placed on a Free Roam RJ node, where we can pick up bounties (from a new terminal in our RJ maybe?) in order to spawn space mission objectives, much like normal bounties on the open worlds. The star chart missions would be tied to PoIs across the free roam zone that we can access as we want when we want without precursor objectives. Something that would truely tie in what you said you wanted in the recent devstreams, a place where we can go from space into defense and from that defense back out into space to do more flying, followed by us being able to go back into defense again, or some other "normal" mission within the free roam zone.

There could even be bounties tied to these endless missions, bounties that are optional, but will grant you a reward in addition to the normal one upon completetion, or maybe even for each rotation completed (to give a higher incentive to stay).

The rest of the update was great, but the implementation of endless missions was really bad imo. Oh and NPC crew needs to be able to target and destroy mission objective like the outside points on the missle platform and asteroid hangar, so the player doesnt have to run in and out over and over when they play solo.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I just wanted to say that it was not a good way to implement normal star chart missions the way this update did it.

I felt it was OK, (heck it was great) with exterminate and I can see things like spy, sabotage, capture and rescue etc. becoming RJ objectives aswell, it just works and makes sense. However, the endless missions like defense and probably future things like Disruption, Defection, Survival and so on just doesnt work. There is no reason to do them inside RJ over doing them on the star chart, having to clear other objectives before getting to the main one feels so pointless. They also add pointlessly long time to the mission as a whole while adding nothing rewarding to it.

My suggestion is that in order to tie the game together with RJ, these endless missions should all be placed on a Free Roam RJ node, where we can pick up bounties (from a new terminal in our RJ maybe?) in order to spawn space mission objectives, much like normal bounties on the open worlds. The star chart missions would be tied to PoIs across the free roam zone that we can access as we want when we want without precursor objectives. Something that would truely tie in what you said you wanted in the recent devstreams, a place where we can go from space into defense and from that defense back out into space to do more flying, followed by us being able to go back into defense again, or some other "normal" mission within the free roam zone.

There could even be bounties tied to these endless missions, bounties that are optional, but will grant you a reward in addition to the normal one upon completetion, or maybe even for each rotation completed (to give a higher incentive to stay).

The rest of the update was great, but the implementation of endless missions was really bad imo. Oh and NPC crew needs to be able to target and destroy mission objective like the outside points on the missle platform and asteroid hangar, so the player doesnt have to run in and out over and over when they play solo.

Defense - bail and it becomes archwing or defense by RJ of a 3d target. Not sure that would work at this level since archwings get wrecked pretty fast(the way we used to mod them) might have to add some archwing mods and RJ would have trouble with 3d defense

Spy- They would have to program a skiff or add a new archwing for stealth where the RJ distracts the main mobs and then once inside a radius of a SMALL outpost that you dont have to land to hack it and then return to the railjack for a trip to the next hack point

Disruption... I got nothing Mostly because I despise them.

Defection- sort of a ferry from the big ship to an escape vessel using arching, RJ or the afore mentioned skiff.

Basic theme of what Im saying is... try staying away from "away" missions that are just copy/paste of vanilla warframe.

49 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Basic theme of what Im saying is... try staying away from "away" missions that are just copy/paste of vanilla warframe.

Well their whole idea with RJ is to make everything accessible through it. That is all I want. No need to make these missions involve the RJ itself aside from getting to them, the RJ would simply be an interactive star chart, so instead of just standing around in the orbiter we could go do missions in space in between our away missions. They've taken a step towards it with the latest update, but it came out poorly since those missions are core objectives inside RJ missions, instead of just being accessible through the RJ.

RJ doesnt have to be, nor should it be, all about space combat. If it is just a space combat mode it will just be an island that eventually dies because no overarching progress is made. I already have zero reason to head in there after just clearing the new nodes since I already have a good enough RJ to mindlessly mow through it, and it offers me nothing for the rest of the game atm. This was the first time I headed in there again since jan/feb 2020 pretty much, and it lasted me barely a day.

Archived